• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried making chocolate fondue for a party before?

In summary, Amy made chocolate fondue for a party and gave some tips. People can make the chocolate fondue with a batter-bowl or with a microwave. They can also use the chilzanne rectangle server or their old decorator. Some people have tried cheese burning or burning rice with the new Exec. cookware. The recipe is flexible and can be demoed with fruit dippers.
AmyR
I am making the chocolate fondue for a party coming up. Has anyone done this before? Do you have any tips or suggestions?
Amy

AmyR said:
I am making the chocolate fondue for a party coming up. Has anyone done this before? Do you have any tips or suggestions?
Amy

I made the cool & creamy fondue last night for a party! I don't have the micro-cooker, but it works great in batter-bowls. I told the host to get anything she thought would taste good with chocolate. We had apples (apple wedger), bananas (utility knife), strawberries (cook's corer...also used it to play with the egg slicer), angel food cake (bread knife), as well as pretzels and teddy graham sticks (in my little simple additions caddy).

I wanted to also use my citrus press but it was delayed in coming...use it to press a lemon to put lemon juice on the apples and bananas to keep them from browning while the fondue chilled. I also wanted to use my chilzanne rectangle server to hold the fruit as it was prepped...but it was with my new citrus press...not with me!

One of my forced improvisations bombed but actually proved a point...I was also doing a mousse in little phyllo cups. The decorator was in the shipment of stuff I didn't have yet (emergency surgery delayed getting it from the hostess I ordered from). So I used my old crummy cheapo decorator and it exploded all over the place...totally proved my point about why the PC one is better! We just used that mousse for dipping too.

I totally love the fondue recipe! It's different and uses lots of things and is flexible for a variety of allergies! You could probably even pipe it into little phyllo cups with a teeny slice of strawberry as a way of demoing the decorator and egg slicer. For one easy recipe, it sure can showcase a lot of stuff that probably doesn't make it out very often!

RecipeThanks for the tips...what is the cool and creamy fondue recipe? I haven't heard of that?
Amy

AmyR said:
Thanks for the tips...what is the cool and creamy fondue recipe? I haven't heard of that?
Amy

Here you go....

Cool Creamy Chocolate Fondue

3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/2 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon (OR REGULAR CINNAMON)
1/2 teaspoon rum or vanilla extract (optional)
Assorted fresh fruit dippers such as whole strawberries, apple, peach or pear wedges (optional)

Place chocolate morsels and half of the whipped topping in Small Batter Bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 1 minute or until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring after each 20-second interval. Fold in remaining whipped topping, cinnamon and rum extract, if desired; mix until smooth. Cover; refrigerate at least 30 minutes. To serve, spoon fondue into small bowl. Serve with fruit dippers, if desired.
Yield: 2 cups (16 servings)

Nutrients per serving: (2 tablespoons fondue): Calories 80, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 7 g, Protein 0 g, Sodium 0 mg, Fiber 0 g

I'm making the fondue at a show Thursday. I have made it at a few shows before... VERY QUICK and EASY and YUMMY! At one show I had a lady take the cookbook and copy the recipe down!... I wasn't gonna force her to buy the book... she did place a nice order....

My question is ... I really want to sell cookware... So with this recipe... a quick way to show how great the Exec. cookware is (I only have the 8"saute pan)... should I burn cheese, burn rice,... have any of you tried these things at shows? Does it smell up the house something horrible? I have done the American cheese burning but only at home for myself... works great by the way! Peels right off... and I did it with the Prof. Cookware! The Exec. would have no trouble!

I need to sell more cookware! I loooove the Executive! Everyone must have at least the 8" saute!

Another question about the fondue... have you used the Madagascar vanilla? or is it better with regular vanilla?
THanks so much!

I would be afraid to burn anything in the exc. cookware. There have been several posts about this, you may wanna do a search.. Something about voiding the warranty. Just wanted to let you know.

Originally Posted by Pampered Laura
Word came down from HO a couple weeks ago that if you burn cheese on the new Exec cookware, it will leave a brown mark on the cookware, and will NOT be covered under warranty. I'll stick with ice.

I found this, hope it helps ya.

Oh wow!! I hadn't heard that!
Thanks...wouldn't want that to happen..
Funny though... I've heard it on tapes from home office... maybe the one about selling collections/?? not sure.
But they had suggested this type of demo... or putting rice and water in at the beginning of the demo, letting it cook on maybe med-low during the whole demo...and asking the guests "don't let me forget the rice..." then they keep reminding you, and you keep saying "Oh it's fine"... and they get all worried, then it burns and slides right out!

Why would they put this on the tapes if it isn't a good idea!?
hmmm.. maybe make the small rice crispies in it..?? I've never done that before.
I dunno now!

I didn't care for the cool and creamy as much as I like the warm chocolate fondue. I served it with strawberries, pretzles, cut up angel food cake - even drizzled over cheesecake is great.

What type of chocolate should I use for fondue?

It is recommended to use high-quality chocolate for the best results. You can use milk, dark, or white chocolate depending on your personal preference.

Do I need any special equipment to make chocolate fondue?

A fondue pot or a small slow cooker is ideal for keeping the chocolate warm and melted. However, you can also use a double boiler or a microwave-safe bowl.

Can I use any dippers for chocolate fondue?

Yes, you can use a variety of dippers such as fruit, cookies, marshmallows, pretzels, and more. Be creative and have fun!

How do I prevent the chocolate from burning?

It is important to keep the heat low and stir the chocolate frequently to prevent burning. If using a fondue pot, make sure to adjust the heat accordingly.

Can I make chocolate fondue ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the chocolate fondue ahead of time and reheat it when ready to serve. However, the texture and consistency may change, so it is best to make it fresh if possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
annew
  • blondeinpcola
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Tara1021
  • DeeDee616