• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Recipes from a Cookbook: Worth the Extra Effort!

In summary, the recipes in this cookbook are delicious, but they require some effort to make. The white chocolate cupcakes with truffle filling and decadent flourless chocolate cake were both popular with testers. The triple chocolate truffle recipe was not as well received, as the chocolate was hard to cut and spread and the coating was too much. All in all, this cookbook is a good resource for recipes that
legacypc46
Gold Member
I am really liking this cookbook. These aren't "fast and easy" recipes, but the results are worth the little extra effort. (If you are looking for 'healthy'...these aren't it either :)eek:)...but if you're going to consume sugar, fat, and calories, better it be from something exceptional vs from a box or vat of hydrogenated oils.) ;)

Reviews on a couple recipes tried so far:

White Chocolate Cupcakes w/Truffle Filling: These are delicious and easy to make. The cake flour is what makes them light (and King Arthur now makes an unbleached cake flour). Loved the idea of inserting chocolate truffles (i.e. Lindt) into the cupcakes when they come out the oven. They really do melt and make for a nice surprise when biting into the cupcake. Also, the white chocolate and cream cheese frosting is a keeper (though pretty sweet). I plan to use it with other dessert recipes. I sprinkled pink sugar on top and took them to a PC meeting...nice look for HWC month.

Decadent Flourless Chocolate Cake: Also delicious and not too difficult. (Just remember to GENTLY fold in the egg whites and then don't let the batter sit around; pour into the pan and get it in the oven.) This recipe calls for bittersweet chocolate (I used chocolate with 60% cocoa content), so the cake isn't overly sweet. The picture in the book shows a smooth pretty glaze covering the cake...not always easy to do. If it comes out uneven, just decorate the top with whatever you'd like (powdered sugar, more nuts, etc). Also, I used chopped toasted almonds to decorate the sides instead of pistachios (cheaper!).

Chocolate Stout Cake: Another winner...but you have to like stout (i.e. Guinness). And as the recipe says, it tastes better the next day. The only caution is to not over-mix the batter when adding the flour and stout (will make the cake dry and dense). If you have Guinness lovers in your family, this is a tasty cake they'd probably enjoy.

Hope this post is helpful. Just sharing...

Thank you for the reviews Kristin!! It's good to see you on here again. I hope you've been well.

Very helpful, thank you! I will have to pick up that book and try some of those.

I shared the flourless cake recipe with my sister because my 2nd oldest niece just discovered a gluten allergy.I tried the triple chocolate truffles. I'm a little interested to try it again. Not sure if it's because I had two different brands of chocolate for the center but the brown chocolate set up really heard and the white chocolate was really soft. It make it difficult to cut them into pieces and 10 oz of bittersweet chocolate was almost not enough.

After reading your post, I decided to try the truffles.
- I used ghirardelli chocolate for all three layers (it was on sale). The semisweet set up hard, but the white layer was soft for me too. I let it refrigerate an extra night, but it still didn't get completely hard.
- It was firm enough to cut into one-inch squares, but I had to clean my knife after almost every cut to avoid the layers pressing into each other.
- I found the bittersweet coating more than enough, but I was really banging my fork against the prep bowl to knock off any excess chocolate. (So maybe that's why I had chocolate left over.)
- My "tasters" REALLY liked the final results....the slightly softer white chocolate seemed almost like a filling.
- That said, I'm wondering if the test kitchen used a higher end white chocolate. Since white chocolate isn't really chocolate, it doesn't have the same properties...especially the less expensive brands. (My thoughts anyway.)
-leggy

legacypc46 said:
After reading your post, I decided to try the truffles.
- I used ghirardelli chocolate for all three layers (it was on sale). The semisweet set up hard, but the white layer was soft for me too. I let it refrigerate an extra night, but it still didn't get completely hard.
- It was firm enough to cut into one-inch squares, but I had to clean my knife after almost every cut to avoid the layers pressing into each other.
- I found the bittersweet coating more than enough, but I was really banging my fork against the prep bowl to knock off any excess chocolate. (So maybe that's why I had chocolate left over.)
- My "tasters" REALLY liked the final results....the slightly softer white chocolate seemed almost like a filling.
- That said, I'm wondering if the test kitchen used a higher end white chocolate. Since white chocolate isn't really chocolate, it doesn't have the same properties...especially the less expensive brands. (My thoughts anyway.)
-leggy

I used ghiradelli for the white but regular baking chocolate for the semi sweet as I would have had to buy three boxes of the white instead of two bars of ghiradelli. I didn't shake off a lot of extra chocolate, just scraped the fork across the edge of the prep bowl.

Of course they were still good, you can't go wrong with three different kinds of chocolate!

1. What makes the recipes in this cookbook worth the extra effort?

The recipes in this cookbook have been carefully curated by our team of chefs to ensure that each dish is not only delicious, but also unique and impressive. The extra effort put into preparing these recipes will result in a truly unforgettable dining experience.

2. Are the ingredients for these recipes difficult to find?

While some of the ingredients may be more specialized, the majority of them can be found at your local grocery store. We also offer substitutions and alternative ingredient options in case certain items are not available in your area.

3. Do the recipes in this cookbook require a lot of time to prepare?

The level of effort and time required for each recipe varies, but most can be completed within an hour or less. Some recipes may require longer cooking times, but the end result will be well worth the wait.

4. Are there recipes suitable for special dietary restrictions?

Yes, our cookbook includes a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary needs such as vegetarian, gluten-free, and low-carb options. Each recipe also includes nutritional information for those with specific dietary requirements.

5. Can these recipes be easily adapted for larger or smaller serving sizes?

Absolutely! Our recipes can be easily adjusted to serve more or less people. Simply adjust the ingredient quantities accordingly and use the recommended cooking time as a guideline. Our chefs have tested each recipe to ensure that it yields delicious results no matter the serving size.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kam
  • MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
sharalam