• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Use a Stainless Steel Skillet to Make a Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cake?

In summary, to make Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cake, you will need all-purpose flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, eggs, milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, canned cherry pie filling, and chocolate chips. You can use fresh cherries instead of canned cherry pie filling and it is important to grease your skillet before baking the cake. You can also substitute the vegetable oil with a different type of oil, such as canola or coconut oil. The cake should cool for at least 15-20 minutes before serving.
Malinda Klein
Gold Member
I'm making this cake tomorrow at a party, and it calls for the 12-in/30cm Skillet. I'm assuming it's talking about the staineless skillet. Has anyone used the stainless 12 inch skillet? I have both the Stainless and the Executive 12 inch skillet, so i can use both... just nervous using the Stainless to make a cake.

Help, someone help cool my nerves lol

I'd make it at home, but my man won't make it - and i don't want to eat an entire cake by myself

I decided to make the cake this morning - in stainless - it stuck in the middle! I thought it was going to release nice, especially when I saw the sides releasing. Not sure if i didn't put enough oil on the pan or not. So, i guess I'll use my executive 12 inch just to be safe.

If you use the stainless you have to make sure to grease it up well and then coat the pan with either flour (white cake) or cocoa (chocolate cake). I prefer using the non stick.

def use the executive skillet....I'd think that's the pan you'd want to showcase the skillet cakes in being that's why we show that they are non stick...

I only do skillet cakes in the executive.....

What ingredients are needed to make Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cake?

To make Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cake, you will need all-purpose flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, eggs, milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, canned cherry pie filling, and chocolate chips.

Can I use fresh cherries instead of canned cherry pie filling?

Yes, you can use fresh cherries instead of canned cherry pie filling in this recipe. Simply pit and chop the cherries and add them to the batter.

Do I need to grease my skillet before baking the cake?

Yes, it is important to grease your skillet before baking the Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cake. You can use butter or cooking spray to grease the skillet.

Can I substitute the vegetable oil with a different type of oil?

Yes, you can substitute vegetable oil with a different type of oil, such as canola oil or coconut oil. Just make sure to use an equal amount of the substituted oil in the recipe.

How long does the Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cake need to cool before serving?

It is best to let the Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cake cool for at least 15-20 minutes before serving. This will allow the cake to set and make it easier to slice and serve.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pjpamchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
SUZIEQCONSULTANT
  • esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Kathytnt