• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

THANKS!How do I make a delicious chocolate cherry skillet cake?

In summary, to make the Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cake you will need all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, milk, vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla extract, chopped cherries, chocolate chips, and chopped almonds (optional). While a cast iron skillet is recommended, a regular cake pan can also be used. The cake can be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for longer. Frozen cherries can be used, but must be thawed and drained before adding to the batter. The cherries should be chopped to ensure even distribution in the cake.
Pampered Amber
Does anyone have the recipe for the chocolate cherry skillet cake? I am doing it tonight and cant find my recipe book that has it in it. Thanks so much.

Here you go...Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cake from Season's Best Fall/Winter 2003

3 eggs. separated
1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 package (18.25 oz) devil's food cake mix
1 jar (11.7 oz) hot fugde ice cream topping
1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Frozen vanilla yogurt or thawed, frozen fat free whipped topping (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray Family (12 in) Skillet with oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Separate eggs over Classic Batter Bowl using Egg Separator; set yolks aside for another use. Lightly whisk egg whites. Add pie filling, water and almond extract; mix well. Add cake mix; mix until well blended using Classic Scraper. Pour batter over botton of skillet, spreading evenly.

Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out clean. Using Oven Mitts, carefully remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 10 minutes. Loosen edges of cake with Skinny Scraper. Carefully invert cake onto Round Platter of large, heat-safe serving plate.

Using Skinny Scraper, stir ice cream topping until smooth; carefully spread evenly over top of cake. Sprinkle almonds evenly around top edge of cake. Cut into wedges using Slice 'N Serve. Serve warm with frozen yogurt or whipped topping, if desired.

Yield: 16 servings

THANK YOU THANK YOU....You just saved my day. I really appreciate it. :)

No ProblemYou are very welcome! :) :D :)

Can't wait for my skillet now....:)
Thank you for that recipe, I'm new and don't have the fall/winter recipe books....and this sounds HEAVENLY....I'm doing a brunch for my kick off show and this should be a hit....

What ingredients do I need to make the Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cake?

To make the Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cake, you will need:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped cherries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chopped almonds (optional)

Do I need a cast iron skillet to make this cake?

While a cast iron skillet is recommended for this recipe, you can also use a regular 9-inch round cake pan. Just make sure to grease the pan well before adding the batter.

How do I store the Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cake?

The Chocolate Cherry Skillet Cake can be stored covered at room temperature for up to 3 days. If storing for longer, it is best to keep it in the refrigerator.

Can I use frozen cherries for this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen cherries for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw them completely and drain any excess liquid before adding them to the batter.

Do I have to chop the cherries for this recipe?

Yes, the cherries need to be chopped for this recipe. This will ensure that they are evenly distributed throughout the cake and will prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the skillet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mechelle
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • jenniferlynne
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies