• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chocolate Banana Phyllo Bundles

In summary, the phyllo was not crispy, the chocolate and bananas were hot but the phyllo was "tough". The first time that they were made, Karen used vegetable oil, and the second time, she used unsalted melted butter. They were both not very tasty.
rennea
Gold Member
I just made these tonight and found that the outside was way too dark and the inside still not fully cooked. Anybody have any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong? :rolleyes:

Thanks for any imput,
Rennea

Hmm. I'm not sure. I've made these a few times, and not had that problem. I watch mine, and they could afford to come out of the oven a few minutes before the time given on the recipe, but I assumed that was a problem with my oven. As for the inside, nothing really needs to be "cooked". It just needs to be warm. Anyone else??

phylloThe phyllo wasn't done, the chocolate and bananas were hot but the phyllo was "tough". I think that my oven is a little to hot. I might try using butter and the pastry brush next time.

What did you use the first time--vegetable oil? I used Butter-flavored Pam (all I have). Did you taste them? I think they are EXTREMELY rich! 1 Tablespoon of chocolate is MORE than enough! Anyone agree?

banana bundlesI just tried these, I not terribly impressed. The phylo was nice on the outside...but it was not crispy all the way through. The inner layers of phylo were soft, warm, but "raw". I like the texture of crispy phylo, not what I found inside. My family had a hard time eating them easily. They couldn't cut all the way through with a fork, the 'not crispy phylo' center needed a knife to cut through. Maybe there were too many layers of phylo rolled up. Warm mushy banana wasn't very exciting either. I don't think I will be doing these at shows. :(
Karen

PhylloI agree with Karen-raw in the middle. I used Pam, somthing I don't like using. I'll try them again this week this time using unsalted melted butter.

Rennea

1. What ingredients do I need to make Chocolate Banana Phyllo Bundles?

To make Chocolate Banana Phyllo Bundles, you will need phyllo dough, melted butter, bananas, chocolate chips, and honey or chocolate sauce for drizzling.

2. Can I use frozen phyllo dough for this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen phyllo dough for this recipe. Just make sure to properly thaw it according to the package instructions before using.

3. How do I prevent the phyllo dough from drying out while assembling the bundles?

To prevent the phyllo dough from drying out, cover it with a damp towel while assembling the bundles. This will keep the dough moist and pliable.

4. Can I make these bundles ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the bundles a few hours ahead of time and keep them covered in the refrigerator. Just bake them right before serving for best results.

5. What is the best way to store any leftover Chocolate Banana Phyllo Bundles?

If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. You can reheat them in the oven or microwave before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jujubug
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
WendyAebi
  • Stephanie S
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
its_me_susan
  • PCLaurel