• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chocolate Banana Cream Trifle Question

In summary, the recipe calls for doubling the chocolate ganache, using 1 1/2 cups of whipped topping, and 1/2 a package of crushed graham crackers for the top.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Can I double the ganache? It didn't seem like enough and around here I can find 16 oz cool whip instead of 12 so there would be enough if I wanted to. Not sure if it would be too much ganache. Also I'm a little confused about the graham crackers. From what I'm reading I'm supposed to take 1 package (9 crackers) and finely crush them and take the other package and hand crush into chunks. It appears that I'm supposed to use the chunks for layering and the crushed for the top. It seems like ALOT of crushed for the top. I was considering using the 1/2 a package for the crushed and the rest for the chunks. Do I make any sense?

i doubled the chocolate ganache when i demoed this and found that i liked it much better yum yum.
as for the graham crackers i only crushed one single graham cracker to use for the top...and to be honest i didn't measure how many we used for the in between layers. but i used about 1 1/2 packges total.
i loved this recipe..oh i also used mroe bananas then what the recipe called for! i foudn that even with all my extras it fit perfectly to the top of the trifle bowl...and everyon loved it!

I usually double everything except graham crackers in this recipe and it turns out great!

So help me with the trifle cause the directions are unclear to me. For layering:
Ganache =chocolate morsels and 1 1/2 cups whipped topping?
"Banana filling" mentioned at bottom = pudding mix, milk, whipped toppingWhat does ganache mean? Is it thick or does it harden?Thanks.

it didn't harden for me. it was almost like a thick creamy chocolate

It's not thick or hard, just a nice creamy chocolate. Yes the Banana Filling is the fluff stuff.

Yep, thick, creamy chocolate. It won't harden, just thicken slightly.

hey i would love to try the Chocolate Banana Cream Trifle recipe can you please email me the recipe [email protected] thanks

sandra foy said:
hey i would love to try the Chocolate Banana Cream Trifle recipe can you please email me the recipe [email protected] thanks

it was in the spring season's best which you can access behind cc

DebbieJ said:
it was in the spring season's best which you can access behind cc

It's also in the current one!

1. How do I make the chocolate banana cream for this trifle?

To make the chocolate banana cream, you will need 2 cups of heavy cream, 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder, and 1 ripe banana. In a mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add in the sugar and cocoa powder, beating until well combined. Finally, mash the banana and fold it into the mixture. Your chocolate banana cream is now ready to use in your trifle!

2. Can I use a different type of cake besides pound cake for this trifle?

Yes, you can use any type of cake you prefer. Pound cake is traditionally used in trifles, but you can also use angel food cake, chocolate cake, or even brownies. Just be sure to cut the cake into bite-sized pieces to create the layers in your trifle.

3. How far in advance can I make this trifle?

You can make this trifle a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator. However, it is best to add the final layer of whipped cream and toppings right before serving to ensure freshness and presentation.

4. Can I use frozen bananas in this trifle?

Yes, you can use frozen bananas. Just make sure to thaw them before mashing and adding them to the chocolate banana cream mixture. Alternatively, you can also use banana pudding mix or pre-made banana cream filling for convenience.

5. Can I substitute the chocolate pudding with a different flavor?

Yes, you can use any flavor of pudding you like. Chocolate and banana flavors pair well together, but you can also try vanilla, butterscotch, or even lemon pudding for a twist on this trifle. Just be sure to use the same amount as the chocolate pudding called for in the recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • DebPC