• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Apple & Caramel Phyllo Bundles: A Delicious Substitute?

In summary, to make the Choc-Banana Phyllo Bundle Sub, you will need phyllo dough, chocolate chips, bananas, butter, and sugar. Preheat your oven to 375°F and layer phyllo sheets with butter, chocolate chips, and bananas. Roll the dough into a sub shape and bake for 15-20 minutes. You can make the sub ahead of time and refrigerate for up to 24 hours, and you can use other fruits instead of bananas. You can also use other types of chocolate, and you can freeze the sub before or after baking.
heat123
Silver Member
Hey what do you all think of subbing the ban-choc for carmel apple bundles instead? I wanted to make an impromptu recipe for dessert at my parents and the only ing. I had were apples and phyllo and caramels. I think I will try them and let ya know how they turn out?

I guess they would be similar to apple turnovers??

I have this recipe for the apples and they are delicious!!!!!

Attachments

• Apple Bundles.doc
    20 KB · Views: 310
SWEET thanks, I was just going to look up an apple turnover type recipe to see if I could modify this recipe to it! ;)

Your welcome! They are really easy and very yummy. I like showing off the A/P/S/C this time of the year!!

Ok, I made them with the subs and my mom and aunt really liked them but I will try it with pastry puff next time, not liking the phyllo dough.

1. How do I make the Choc-Banana Phyllo Bundle Sub?

To make the Choc-Banana Phyllo Bundle Sub, you will need phyllo dough, chocolate chips, bananas, butter, and sugar. Start by preheating your oven to 375°F. Then, lay out a sheet of phyllo dough and brush it with melted butter. Layer another sheet of phyllo on top and repeat the process until you have 6 layers. Place a layer of chocolate chips and sliced bananas on top of the dough. Roll the dough tightly to create a sub shape. Brush the top with more butter and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crispy.

2. Can I make the Choc-Banana Phyllo Bundle Sub ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Choc-Banana Phyllo Bundle Sub ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Simply assemble the sub and cover it with plastic wrap before refrigerating. When you are ready to bake, remove the plastic wrap and follow the baking instructions.

3. Can I use other fruits instead of bananas?

Yes, you can use other fruits instead of bananas in the Choc-Banana Phyllo Bundle Sub. Some other delicious options include strawberries, raspberries, or even sliced apples. Just make sure to use ripe fruits that are not too juicy, as they may make the dough soggy.

4. Do I have to use chocolate chips or can I use other types of chocolate?

You can use other types of chocolate in the Choc-Banana Phyllo Bundle Sub, such as chocolate chunks or chocolate spread. Just make sure to spread the chocolate evenly on the dough and avoid using too much, as it may melt and leak out of the sub while baking.

5. Can I freeze the Choc-Banana Phyllo Bundle Sub?

Yes, you can freeze the Choc-Banana Phyllo Bundle Sub before or after baking. If you are freezing before baking, assemble the sub and wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and foil. When you are ready to bake, remove it from the freezer and let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight before baking as usual. If you are freezing after baking, let the sub cool completely, then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and foil before freezing. To reheat, place it in the oven at 375°F for 10-15 minutes until warmed through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefshawna
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Sarah
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Pampered Heather
  • DebPC