• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fix Your Chipped Trifle Bowl with These Tips | Insurance Coverage"

In summary, my host was washing up and chipped my trifle bowl. Although it is more or less usable, I couldn't take it to shows. Bee, I wouldn't recommend charging the host.
beepampered
My host was washing up and chipped my trifle bowl. Although it is more or less usable, I couldn't take it to shows.

Do we have insurance that will cover this? Do I charge her or just eat it? Thanks...

Call HO, and tell them what happened

In a recent similar post, I learned HO might replace it because you're a consultant who needs it for shows and it happened at a show.

Bee, I wouldn't recommend charging the host. If for some reason HO won't replace it, then I would just eat the cost.

I had some serious damage to my things at my show last week. I called HO hoping they would help as I had read the other thread. It was a no go.....was told warranty didn't cover it as it was damaged by user and liability did not cover our things, just the hosts home and property. :yuck:

Got to say I was bummed and now I have ugly looking products to show at my show.....

That's a shame! I wonder if it's going to be one of those things where one rep. will do one thing and another rep w/ do another. I've had different responses from reps before and it's really a shame that there's variation in the answers. Or maybe some are bending rules where they shouldn't be? Or what.... I don't know, but it just stinks sometimes.

It is a bummer, Amanda. I didn't want to press or push the issue because I did not want to get those who helped in trouble. Nor did I want to cause a stir where a memo gets released advising all reps that they can not allow us to have adjustments made. I'd rather just stay with the damage and leave that window of opportunity available. Some will get lucky, some will not. T'ant pis, C'est Dommage....mais, c'est la vie! {Too Bad, so sad...but, that's life!} = )

The home office might be processing adjustments based on how the item was damaged and whether it is still under the warranty. I've had a number of items replaced because they were still under warranty.

Yes, I would check to see if it is under warranty. That's one reason why I don't have my hosts wash anything that I bring. I have a big bag and as I use my products I put them away. When I get home, I wash my own things. The one time someone tried to put all my stuff in her sink, I mistakenly left my mini serve spatula there. Easier to take it all home.

doughmama said:
Yes, I would check to see if it is under warranty.

That's one reason why I don't have my hosts wash anything that I bring. I have a big bag and as I use my products I put them away. When I get home, I wash my own things. The one time someone tried to put all my stuff in her sink, I mistakenly left my mini serve spatula there. Easier to take it all home.

I agree... I have a small plastic wash tub thing that I usually set right under the table that I'm working at and just put things in it after I use them and take it all home. I hate leaving things and letting someone else wash them there is so much room for damage or missing things...

I leave things all the time so keeping the dirty items together might work. The trifle bowl had food in and is was out for serving. I guess they finished it while I was taking orders and she washed it. Although she offered, I told her not to worry about the trifle bowl. I'm surprised to see it has a five year warranty so will call HO. I think I earned it free but can't remember. Hmmmmm. Is mailing that huge thing back for a small crack worth it?

Unfortunately, that's the price you pay for being in business. I would order a new one for myself on the host's discount and write it off. It happens. I've had several things broken in the past 9 years. It happens.

if you need to mail it back, just like the stones, you only need to send a palm size piece back. Put it in a paper bag and hit it with a hammer - then send a piece back. Save the rest just incase someone else has an issue. then you have more pieces ready to go. I have a box of broken stones for that very reason.

I'm sorry you all have had damaged items at your shows. On the bright side, you didn't have your stuff stolen. I had all my stuff together...dirty and someone at the show stole several items from me.

Someone stole something? Thats horrible! I always seem to leave something but never have anything taken....

I've left things, and for the first time last week took something that belonged to the host -- ooops! It has all worked out with trade backs, though. I can't believe people would steal from you -- how sad.

What are the most common causes of chipping in trifle bowls?

The most common causes of chipping in trifle bowls include dropping or knocking the bowl against a hard surface, using metal utensils to scoop out the contents, and stacking heavy items on top of the bowl.

Can I fix a chipped trifle bowl myself?

In some cases, minor chips can be fixed at home using a food-safe epoxy or super glue. However, for larger or more severe chips, it is best to seek professional repair services to ensure the bowl remains safe for food use.

What are the potential health risks of using a chipped trifle bowl?

Chipped trifle bowls can harbor bacteria and germs, making them unsafe for food use. The chips can also break off and mix in with the food, posing a choking hazard. Additionally, if the bowl is made of materials such as lead or cadmium, the chipping can expose these harmful substances.

Does insurance cover the repair or replacement of a chipped trifle bowl?

It depends on your insurance policy and the type of coverage you have. Some homeowner's or renter's insurance policies may cover accidental damage to personal property, including kitchenware. It's best to check with your insurance provider to see if your trifle bowl is covered under your policy.

What steps can I take to prevent my trifle bowl from chipping in the future?

To prevent chipping, it's essential to handle your trifle bowl with care. Avoid using metal utensils, and always hand wash the bowl instead of putting it in the dishwasher. It's also a good idea to store the bowl in a safe place where it won't get knocked over or stacked with other heavy items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1PamperedMommy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
1PamperedMommy
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
Replies
Views
pampered1224