1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Urgent Chipotle rub question

1. jigsmom

jigsmom Member

OK all you "seasoned" consultants (pardon the pun :D)....I have a question. I had a customer contact me via my website with this question. I have only been doing PC since October but I remember from years ago that they had packets but I am not sure how it differs from the mixes and rubs they have today. This is a direct quote of what she asked. I am assuming what she found was the rub...I do not know of another one. :confused:

"I am curious, I used to get the seasoning packet of a chipotle seasoning you added to chicken and mayo, that made a chicken salad I found a Chipotle Seasoning, is it the same one?"

I hope you wonderful ladies (and gentlemen) will be able to help me and this customer. :chef:

Thanks!!

Angela

Mar 30, 2009
  2. Beckycooks

Beckycooks Novice Member

We used to have a Chipolte Ranch Dip mix that came in a box with 3 packets (I believe) that has been discontinued. A good substitute is the dry ranch dressing mix packets you purchase and add a tsp of the chipolte rub.:chef:

Mar 31, 2009
  3. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Unless she's mixing us up with Tupperware, because I bought seasoning in packets from them a few years ago.

Mar 31, 2009
  4. jbdowd0798

jbdowd0798 Veteran Member Gold Member

No she's not mixing us up. We did have seasoning packets that way- I think there were 4 different kinds or something along with coffee but got rid of all that over 2yrs ago. :(

Mar 31, 2009
  5. jigsmom

jigsmom Member

Thanks for the responses!! I appreciate it!! :D

I am going to reply to this lady and let's pray she becomes a customer!! :sing:

Apr 1, 2009
  6. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Those were sample packets - not for sale to customers. There were only two of them - The Southwest Seasoning, and the Dill Mix. The Coffee samples and Spice Samples were the charter host gift, and also available on supply for use at shows.

Apr 1, 2009
  7. crystalscookingnow

crystalscookingnow Senior Member Gold Member

We had others too. It was a set of three seasonings that sold together. I think it was more of a dip mix set than a seasonings set. If I remember right, wasn't one a Farmer's Market or something like that? It was before the ranch & guac went to the indivdiual boxes. There was a salsa mix in there.

8. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Yes - I guess I wasn't considering those as what she was talking about, because she linked it with the Coffee Samples. The Salsa and Guac mixes were sold as a set, and then there was the Farmers Market Dip set. There was a chipotle ranch dip mix in the farmers market set.

Apr 1, 2009
  9. jigsmom

jigsmom Member

Oh My! :confused: Now what to say to her??? I am just going to call her tonight and tell her that no it is not the same from years ago but she could get the rub and use it with ranch dry seasoning packet from the grocery store. Do you agree??

Just to clarify...I received a coffee sample and southwestern seasoning sample for hosting a party a few years back so I do know that we had them as a host gift. I was just not aware of chipotle.

Apr 1, 2009
  10. jigsmom

jigsmom Member

Thanks girls!!:D

Apr 1, 2009
Have something to add?