• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for a Spicier Twist on Chipotlé Chili Cornbread Bake? Suggestions?

In summary, the Chipotle Rub did not add enough spice to the dish, while the BBQ Rub added more flavor.
RMDave
Gold Member
Well I made it for friends last night (with only half of the Chipotlé Rub) and the consensus was ... "Bland." Do those of you who complained that 2-Tbs of the Rub made it too spice, generally enjoy a little "heat" with your food?

It was pretty mild. They way it turned out I'd have no problems feeding it to kids and the less adventurous eaters in the crowd. Truthfully, it was compared to School Cafeteria food flavorwise.

Maybe I got a bad back of the Rub? Maybe I shouldn't have used a mild salsa? I'm looking for a happy medium.

Suggestions? Let me know your thoughts (and your taste in pseudo Mexican food.)

No Keith, I am not being a Negative Nancy!

Thanks, all!

I used the full amount of chipotle and didn't think it was too spicy. I also thought about serving salsa on the side for some extra added flavor.

I use the full 2 Tbsp and a mango salsa that I find in the refrig section and everyone RAVES about it. I think the sweetness of the mango and the (subtle) spiciness of the seasoning balance each very well.

Thanks, Ladies!

There's no acute accent on chipotle, dear. ;)

Keith, it's soo good to have you back! How was your show?I ran out of Chipotle Rub, and used the BBQ Rub instead - and it was a big hit!! I use Medium (spicy) Salsa, and the hot version of the Chili Beans in Sauce. But, my family likes super spicy, so we're probably not a good judge for you. The BBQ Rub version, though, was for the Lunch Club at work, and one lady commented she liked the combo of sweet (from the rub) and spicy.

I like really spicey food myself. I didn't think it was bland, but it was not spicey enough for me either. I used the rub, medium salsa and medium chili beans when I've made it. if I were making it for myself I would use spicier ingredients and I would probably use Poblanos in place of the bell peppers and probably add some chopped jalapenos to the cornbread mixture.

I served it with chopped avocados on top and it was delicious! I also think that some salsa verde on the side would add a nice little zip to it too.

pamperedlinda said:
I like really spicey food myself. I didn't think it was bland, but it was not spicey enough for me either. I used the rub, medium salsa and medium chili beans when I've made it. if I were making it for myself I would use spicier ingredients and I would probably use Poblanos in place of the bell peppers and probably add some chopped jalapenos to the cornbread mixture.

I served it with chopped avocados on top and it was delicious! I also think that some salsa verde on the side would add a nice little zip to it too.

Oh my! Now that sure would be spicy!! :eek: ;)

I've don't the rub. I use the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce! I think it adds a lot more flavor!

pamperedlinda said:

I agree with both of these suggestions, it sure would add a great kick to is.

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Chipotlé Chili Cornbread Bake?

To make the Chipotlé Chili Cornbread Bake, you will need a can of chipotlé peppers in adobo sauce, ground beef, onion, garlic, canned black beans, canned diced tomatoes, cornbread mix, shredded cheddar cheese, and your preferred seasoning.

2. How long does it take to prepare and cook the Chipotlé Chili Cornbread Bake?

The preparation time for the Chipotlé Chili Cornbread Bake is approximately 15 minutes, and the cooking time is around 25 minutes. The total time may vary depending on your oven.

3. Can I make a vegetarian version of the Chipotlé Chili Cornbread Bake?

Yes, you can make a vegetarian version of the Chipotlé Chili Cornbread Bake by omitting the ground beef and substituting it with an additional can of black beans or your preferred plant-based protein.

4. Can I freeze the leftovers of the Chipotlé Chili Cornbread Bake?

Yes, you can freeze the leftovers of the Chipotlé Chili Cornbread Bake in an airtight container for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and reheat in the oven or microwave.

5. Can I make this dish ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the Chipotlé Chili Cornbread Bake ahead of time and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours before baking. Just make sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent it from drying out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tropicalburstqt2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • esavvymom