• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chipotlé Chili Cornbread Bake

RMDave

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2009
Well I made it for friends last night (with only half of the Chipotlé Rub) and the consensus was ... "Bland." Do those of you who complained that 2-Tbs of the Rub made it too spice, generally enjoy a little "heat" with your food?

It was pretty mild. They way it turned out I'd have no problems feeding it to kids and the less adventurous eaters in the crowd. Truthfully, it was compared to School Cafeteria food flavorwise.

Maybe I got a bad back of the Rub? Maybe I shouldn't have used a mild salsa? I'm looking for a happy medium.

Suggestions? Let me know your thoughts (and your taste in pseudo Mexican food.)

No Keith, I am not being a Negative Nancy!

Thanks, all!

wadesgirl

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2007
I used the full amount of chipotle and didn't think it was too spicy. I also thought about serving salsa on the side for some extra added flavor.

Rosebud

Dec 10, 2009
I use the full 2 Tbsp and a mango salsa that I find in the refrig section and everyone RAVES about it. I think the sweetness of the mango and the (subtle) spiciness of the seasoning balance each very well.

RMDave

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2009
Thanks, Ladies!

leftymac

Veteran Member
Jan 23, 2008
There's no acute accent on chipotle, dear. ;)

pampchefsarah

Gold Member
Mar 24, 2008
Keith, it's soo good to have you back! How was your show?

I ran out of Chipotle Rub, and used the BBQ Rub instead - and it was a big hit!! I use Medium (spicy) Salsa, and the hot version of the Chili Beans in Sauce. But, my family likes super spicy, so we're probably not a good judge for you. The BBQ Rub version, though, was for the Lunch Club at work, and one lady commented she liked the combo of sweet (from the rub) and spicy.

pamperedlinda

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 17, 2006
I like really spicey food myself. I didn't think it was bland, but it was not spicey enough for me either. I used the rub, medium salsa and medium chili beans when I've made it. if I were making it for myself I would use spicier ingredients and I would probably use Poblanos in place of the bell peppers and probably add some chopped jalapenos to the cornbread mixture.

I served it with chopped avocados on top and it was delicious! I also think that some salsa verde on the side would add a nice little zip to it too.

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
I like really spicey food myself. I didn't think it was bland, but it was not spicey enough for me either. I used the rub, medium salsa and medium chili beans when I've made it. if I were making it for myself I would use spicier ingredients and I would probably use Poblanos in place of the bell peppers and probably add some chopped jalapenos to the cornbread mixture.

I served it with chopped avocados on top and it was delicious! I also think that some salsa verde on the side would add a nice little zip to it too.

Oh my! Now that sure would be spicy!! :eek: ;)

rkcreations

Jan 19, 2010
I've don't the rub. I use the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce! I think it adds a lot more flavor!

wadesgirl

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2007

I agree with both of these suggestions, it sure would add a great kick to is.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Tropicalburstqt2
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views