• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried the Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake?

In summary, Has anyone typed this recipe up yet?Yep! YUMMY!!you should be able to get it on CCyou should be able to get it on CC
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Has anyone typed this recipe up yet?

Yep! YUMMY!!

you should be able to get it on CC

pamperedlinda said:
you should be able to get it on CC

Linda -you are SO smart!! See? This is just one more reason why I love ya!!
LOL
(can't believe I didn't think to look there - LOL)

Carolyn - I just published it in my fb notes....I had a feeling that's what you were going to do and it inspired me!

....btw - I love you too! :love:

Heyyyyyyy......smooches to both of you!

It's another chilly day here....going to look at pics of Miami and pretend I'm poolside eating pastelitos. :D

girl....you had to go and say the 'p' word, didn't you? I love those things! Got me so excited, I dropped my cupcake.

What are pastelitos?

Pastelitos are Cuban pastries that are filled with guava or meat or mango etc...you can get the best ones in Hialeah, FL...but they truly taste best when eaten poolside at The Fontainebleau with your Pampered Chef buddies!

dannyzmom said:
Pastelitos are Cuban pastries that are filled with guava or meat or mango etc...you can get the best ones in Hialeah, FL...but they truly taste best when eaten poolside at The Fontainebleau with your Pampered Chef buddies!

Absolutely! I copied this from an Atlanta Journal article that was talking about Super Bowl food (since the SB was in Miami they were featuring local favorites). I haven't made them yet, but I plan to.

Pastelitos de Guayaba (Guava Pastries)
Hands on: 10 minutes Total time: 20 minutes Makes: 18 pastelitos
In Miami, there’s a Cuban bakery on almost every corner, and guava pastries are among the most popular items on the menu. They’re eaten for breakfast with some Cuban coffee and served as the sweet for a party. Lourdes Muller has had to come up with her own recipe to satisfy her family’s cravings between trips to Miami. The traditional filling is guava marmalade, which isn’t available in Atlanta, Muller said. We located guava jelly at DeKalb Farmers Market and guava spread at some Kroger stores. The spread is the closest to the traditional filling. In a pinch, you can use guava paste, which is usually found in the Hispanic foods section of grocery stores. A few tiny cubes of cream cheese can also go into the filling.
1 (17.3-ounce) package puff pastry
1 cup guava marmalade or fruit spread
1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
Granulated sugar, to sprinkle
Allow enough time to thaw the puff pastry according to package directions.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Each sheet of puff pastry will be folded in thirds. Unfold and cut the sheet into 9 squares. In the center of each square, put 1 tablespoon guava marmalade and brush the edges of the pastry square with water. Fold over to form a triangle and seal the edges well. Use a fork to crimp the edges and a knife to cut a small vent in each pastry. Repeat with the second sheet of pastry.
Put pastries on the prepared cookie sheets. Brush with the egg wash and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. The filling gets very hot, so allow pastries to cool at least 15 minutes before eating.

dannyzmom said:

that is the truth! Love you guys!

I can't for the life of me find this on CC... when I did a recipe search, it told me it was on Page 12 of the Season's Best. LOL. That doesn't help me email it to my DCB customers!

I thought we used to be able to get recipes under the theme shows, but all I see there is videos and transcripts. Am I looking totally the wrong place?

Thanks!

IAmChefJ said:
I can't for the life of me find this on CC... when I did a recipe search, it told me it was on Page 12 of the Season's Best. LOL. That doesn't help me email it to my DCB customers!

I thought we used to be able to get recipes under the theme shows, but all I see there is videos and transcripts. Am I looking totally the wrong place?

Thanks!

When you're looking at a theme show, right-click on the recipe name and you can download the pretty .pdf so you can email that to your customers.

Or, you can get a non-pretty version under the Seasons Best category of recipes on CC.

You need to look under Season's Best.

Here is the recipe:

Attachments

• chipotle_chili_cornbread_bake_en_us.pdf
    431.8 KB · Views: 398
Well goodness, I just learned all kinds of things ! Thank you Keith!

IAmChefJ said:
Well goodness, I just learned all kinds of things ! Thank you Keith!

Anytime! I always like to send people the "pretty" versions because at least they have a picture of the recipe with them.

leftymac said:
When you're looking at a theme show, right-click on the recipe name and you can download the pretty .pdf so you can email that to your customers.

Or, you can get a non-pretty version under the Seasons Best category of recipes on CC.

Um, no disrespect intended to my husband, but Keith - I think I love you!!!
How did I never know this trick before?!!?
And thanks to Harriett, I can edit the PDF to add my consultant info!! Woo Hoo CHEFFERS ROCK!!!

dannyzmom said:
Um, no disrespect intended to my husband, but Keith - I think I love you!!!
How did I never know this trick before?!!?
And thanks to Harriett, I can edit the PDF to add my consultant info!! Woo Hoo CHEFFERS ROCK!!!

I get that a lot. ;)

Just made this the other night with ground turkey - YUM!!!! :)

I made it again for dinner last night. Tweaked it a little - added some seasoning to the beef before cooking and about a tablespoon of sugar to the cornbread mixture. I LOVE THIS RECIPE!! It's soooooooooooo good!!

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake?

To make the Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake, you will need 1 pound of ground beef, 1 can of kidney beans, 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1 can of corn, 1 packet of chili seasoning, 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, 1 box of cornbread mix, 1 egg, 1/3 cup of milk, and 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.

2. How long does it take to prepare and cook the Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake?

The preparation time for the Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake is about 15 minutes, and the baking time is around 25 minutes. So, in total, it takes approximately 40 minutes to make this dish.

3. Can I use a different type of meat instead of ground beef?

Yes, you can use ground turkey, chicken, or even vegetarian meat crumbles as a substitute for ground beef in this recipe. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

4. Can I make this dish ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake ahead of time and refrigerate it until ready to bake. Just make sure to increase the baking time by a few minutes since the dish will be cold from the fridge.

5. What should I serve with the Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake?

This dish can be served as a complete meal on its own, but you can also pair it with a side salad or some roasted vegetables for a more well-rounded meal. Some people also like to top it with avocado, sour cream, or additional shredded cheese for added flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thehaleykitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Tropicalburstqt2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jennie50