1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Chip & Dip

1. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I have a great use for the chip and dip!

Yesterday, DH and I hosted our parents for a Fathers Day barbecue. We were having bratwurst and hamburgers, so of course we had to have toppings. I didn't want to bother with lots of little bowls around the table, because they're a pain to carry out (there's no direct route from my kitchen to the backyard; I have to go through the garages or through the house and the Florida Room).

Chip & Dip to the rescue!

I diced a couple of small onions and filled the dip cup. Then I placed 2 small plastic bowls in the large area to hold pickle slices and caramelized onions. Fill the rest of the large area with tomato slices and lettuce leaves, and it's an all-in-one easy to pass toppings tray! :)

Of course, I forgot to take a picture to post here. :rolleyes:

Jun 22, 2009
  2. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

Sounds like a good idea, inventive.

Jun 22, 2009
  3. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

Oooo I like it!!!

4. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Sounds like a good plan...

Jun 22, 2009
  5. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Excellent! I'll add that to my suggestion of using it as a snack tray.

Jun 22, 2009
  6. legacypc46

legacypc46 Senior Member Gold Member

Sounds like we had the same Father's Day menu (love those brats!)...only I didn't think of using the chip n dip. Great idea!

Jun 24, 2009
  7. pamperedharriet

pamperedharriet Legacy Member

Thanks Ann for sharing. I had thought about using it for things like that too. It does make a lot of sense and hopefully oohs and aahs and SALES!!!!!!!

8. darlinclem

darlinclem Advanced Member Gold Member

I call mine the "man bowl". The dip holder will also hold most cups without them easily tipping out and the main part we affectionately call the "trough". Woman love it for their men who aren't supposed to eat at the couch but we all know they do anyway :)

Jun 24, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted