• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chillzanne and Ice Cream Dipper

I would rather be safe than sorry.In summary, the Chillzanne products are dishwasher safe because they are made of durable plastic and are placed away from the heating element. The Ice Cream Dipper, on the other hand, is not dishwasher safe because the heat, pressure, and abrasives in the dishwasher can strip away its clear-coat and expose the metal, which can then leave grey streaks on the ice cream. Additionally, since metal expands more than plastic, it is more susceptible to leaks if placed in the dishwasher. Therefore, it is recommended to handwash the Chillzanne products and keep them away from heat sources, while also keeping the Ice Cream Dipper out of the dishwasher to avoid any potential damage or contamination.
Does anyone know why the Chillzanne products are dishwasher safe and the ICe Cream Dipper isn't? Don't they have the same liquid in them?

I don't think that they do since the liquid in the Chillzanne products are meant to stay cold and the liquid in the Ice Cream Dipper is meant to heat up...I don't know what is in them exactly but that would be my reasoning. Plus the Chillzanne products are heavy duty plastic and the Ice Cream Dipper is metal.

Yeah, I'm getting ready to buy Ice Cream Dipper #3 because DH and the kids keep putting it in the dishwasher. It still works, but the metal is all funky looking now, and sometimes leaves a gray residue in the ice cream. That's not "cool" at all :)

silly question and I guess I should know this.. but the chillzanne's can go in the dishwasher? I figured they couldnt b/c of the liquid. :) Thanks!

It's not a silly question because before this thread I didn't know it either. I didn't read up on it because I also assumed it couldn't.

The Chillzanne is only dw-safe if placed away from the heating element. ;)

The dipper has a clear-coat that gets stripped away by the heat (expansion leads to cracks), pressure, and abrasives in the soap. This leaves the underlying metal exposed to oxidation. The oxidized metal on the surface of the dipper can then be 'deposited' on your ice cream, leaving grey streaks.

One reason why Chillzanne is more friendly to dishwasher cleaning is that it is durable plastic that doesn't heat as rapidly as the metal of the dipper. Think conductivity. The metal in the dipper makes it get much hotter than the plastic, not to mention that metal expands more than plastic, if I recall correctly.

Expanding in these products can be lethal to them. If seams pop, then the enclosed gel has a way to leak out. Any gel-filled item is susceptibe to such expansion and leaks. This is why so many of them are NOT dw-safe.

So keep your dippers out of the dw, and keep your Chillzanne's away from the heating elements! ;)

Thank you! :) You learn somethin new every day! lol Makes total sense. No one had asked about the chillzanne in the dishwasher.. so now I have my answer.. and all my stuff goes top shelf unless its glass or metal. (dont have the dipper.. YET)

Thanks for the info!I think I will just go ahead and keep handwashing my Chillzanne products anyway.

What is the purpose of the Chillzanne and Ice Cream Dipper?

The Chillzanne and Ice Cream Dipper is a set of kitchen tools designed to help with serving and storing chilled desserts, specifically ice cream.

How does the Chillzanne and Ice Cream Dipper work?

The Chillzanne bowl is made of a special material that can be frozen before use. This helps to keep food cold and fresh for longer periods of time. The Ice Cream Dipper has a unique shape and construction that makes scooping and serving ice cream easier and more efficient.

Can the Chillzanne and Ice Cream Dipper be used for other foods besides ice cream?

Yes, the Chillzanne bowl can be used to keep a variety of foods chilled, such as dips, fruits, and desserts. The Ice Cream Dipper can also be used to scoop other soft foods, such as cookie dough or mashed potatoes.

How do I clean and care for my Chillzanne and Ice Cream Dipper?

The Chillzanne bowl and Ice Cream Dipper are both dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash them with warm, soapy water to maintain their quality. Avoid using harsh cleaners or scouring pads, as they can damage the products.

Where can I purchase the Chillzanne and Ice Cream Dipper?

You can purchase the Chillzanne and Ice Cream Dipper through a Pampered Chef consultant or on the Pampered Chef website. They may also be available at select retail stores that carry Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Amanda_RI
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
heather223
  • ChefRiGuy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • dannyzmom