• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chili-Lime Meatballs - Freezing Question

In summary, the Chili-Lime Meatballs can be frozen for up to 3 months. It is recommended to freeze them after cooking and to thaw them in the refrigerator before cooking. You can also freeze them in their sauce for added flavor. To reheat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then heat in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or microwave (though the texture may not be as crispy).
kam
Staff member
The Chili-Lime Meatballs from the Appetizer cookbook has this mentioned:Make-Ahead: Meatballs can be cooked and frozen 3 days in advance. To reheat, place frozen meatballs in Skillet with ¼ cup water. Cover; heat 7-8 minutes or until hot. Remove from heat; stir in glaze.Can anyone think of a reason the meatballs themselves couldn't be made further ahead and frozen?I used to make homemade regular meatballs in large batches and freeze them to use as needed. And I can't figure out why they would say "3 days".Here are the ingredients for the actual meatballs:
1 lb 85% lean ground beef
¼ cup plain dried bread crumbs
1 egg
2 tbsp Asian Seasoning Mix
2 tsp Thai red curry pasteThanks!

Thanks for posting! I'm sorry you haven't received any responses thus far. Do you have any additional information or can you rephrase your post to make it clearer?

That's kind of funny that they would specify just 3-days. no, I can't think of why it would make a difference of 3 days or 3 months! or even longer. I say go for it!

1. How long can I freeze the Chili-Lime Meatballs?

The Chili-Lime Meatballs can be frozen for up to 3 months.

2. Can I freeze the Chili-Lime Meatballs before or after cooking?

It is recommended to freeze the Chili-Lime Meatballs after cooking for best results.

3. Should I thaw the Chili-Lime Meatballs before cooking?

Yes, it is best to thaw the Chili-Lime Meatballs in the refrigerator before cooking them.

4. Can I freeze the Chili-Lime Meatballs in their sauce?

Yes, you can freeze the Chili-Lime Meatballs in their sauce for added flavor.

5. How do I reheat the frozen Chili-Lime Meatballs?

The best way to reheat the frozen Chili-Lime Meatballs is to thaw them in the refrigerator overnight and then heat them in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes. You can also reheat them in the microwave, but the texture may not be as crispy as when reheated in the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
Replies