• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What went wrong with my Perfect Pasta side dish?

In summary, the Perfect Pasta recipe didn't work well, the noodles clumped together, and adding butter didn't improve it. Brenda suggests trying the carrots recipe as an alternative.
Brenda K.
Gold Member
OK so I am making the Chicken Your Way and the Perfect Pasta (side dish that PC recommended to compliment the Chicken) for a show tomorrow night. I made the Perfect Pasta tonight and the noodles stick together and it wasn't very good. Any recommendations on what maybe I did wrong or what I could do differently? I need help ASAP PLEASE! I followed the recipe to the T. Brenda

Could you have maybe cooked the noodles too long?? Were they al dente or really soft? Did adding the butter improve it at all?If you still can't get it to work, maybe try the carrots recipe?I don't have the Rice Cooker, so I don't know for sure- just guessing based on pasta's nature.

The noodles clumped together and they weren't done so I needed to put it in more time and threw away a lot of noodles. Tonight I am going to try putting a little more liquid in there then the recipe calls for.

I undercooked them & let them sit for a while (they stayed nice & hot), so that they ahd a chance to absorb all the water, & they turned out great! I also made the carrots- they were a hit at my show this week!

Since I am in no means a fabulous cook. Can you be more specific? How long did you cook them? When you put the noodles in with the chix broth and water - did your liquid cover all the noodles? Thank you!

I think I cooked them for 6 minutes- I may have stirred part way through, because the water (broth) didn't cover the pasta. Then I stirred again before I let them sit. Good luck!

Another alternative to the pasta side dish . . . and a bit healthier. When I am in a hurry, I will often times get out my rice cooker, cut up some sweet potatoes, cover with water in the rice cooker and cook in the microwave till tender (maybe 10 minutes). Drain the water and mash with the mix and chop. Melt butter and a little brown sugar either mix in or drizzle on top. Or you could also use one of the seasonings (chipotle etc . . .) and sprinkle on top with butter. Wonderful compliment to either chicken (or fish), your way. Also, could use regular potatoes too!

I did the grits on the side dish list tonight at my show and they were a HUGE hit! I coudn't find the smoked gouda but did find smoked cheddar and they were so good!

What is a "Chicken Your Way Side Dish?"

A "Chicken Your Way Side Dish" is a dish that is designed to complement any type of chicken you choose to make. It can be a vegetable side dish, a starch side dish, or even a sauce or condiment that pairs well with chicken.

Do I have to use Pampered Chef products to make a "Chicken Your Way Side Dish?"

No, you do not have to use Pampered Chef products to make a "Chicken Your Way Side Dish." While our products are designed to make cooking easier and more efficient, you can use any kitchen tools you have on hand.

What are some popular "Chicken Your Way Side Dish" options?

Some popular "Chicken Your Way Side Dish" options include roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, rice pilaf, and a variety of sauces such as pesto, honey mustard, or BBQ.

Are there any dietary restrictions for "Chicken Your Way Side Dish" options?

There are no specific dietary restrictions for "Chicken Your Way Side Dish" options, as they can be tailored to fit any dietary needs. However, if you have any allergies or dietary restrictions, be sure to check the ingredients and adjust the recipe accordingly.

Can I make a "Chicken Your Way Side Dish" ahead of time?

Yes, many "Chicken Your Way Side Dish" options can be made ahead of time and reheated when ready to serve. However, some dishes may taste better when made fresh, so it is always best to double check the recipe beforehand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • JAE