• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Power Cooking Without Chipotle Rub: SW Seasoning?

In summary, the person wants to make a cheesy chicken tortilla soup for a Power Cooking show, but doesn't have the chipotle rub. They find a substitute with Tastefully Simple bottles of chipotle seasoning and it turns out surprisingly good. They use HALF the amount of chipotle rub called for and it is still plenty hot. However, the soup does not look very good because of the large chunks of chicken. They will try this recipe next time with the Food Chopper.
JBigler
I want to make this for a Power Cooking show I'm doing, but don't have the chipotle rub. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I could sub in? I have the SW seasoning mix...do you think that would work?

That's what I've always used!

That's what i always use too.

I've searched the files & can't find this recipe... help please?? Anyone want to share? (Or at least tell me where to find it.) TIA

That would be on Consultant's Corner, under recipes: Theme Shows: Power Cooking Chicken: Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Soup...

I'm dying to try this recipe...is it good?

It is surprisingly good. I use HALF of the amount of the Chipotle Rub called for and it is still plenty hot.Last time at a meeting the person in charge of groceries bought jarred cheese sauce instead of Velveeta and it still turned out just fine.

DebbieJ said:
It is surprisingly good. I use HALF of the amount of the Chipotle Rub called for and it is still plenty hot.

Last time at a meeting the person in charge of groceries bought jarred cheese sauce instead of Velveeta and it still turned out just fine.

Do you think I should use only half the SW seasoning mix then??

I would wait until I had the Chipotle seasoning, in my opinion it really makes the recipe. You could start with a lesser amount and taste test, but this is a really good soup.

The old chicken tortilla soup called for SW seasoning and Cumin--by the way, my family, who are ridiculously picky--loves the old recipe for Chicken Tortilla soup. Haven't tried the new one.

At the last show that I demo'ed this recipe I left home without my chipotle rub! I went rummaging through the host's spice cabinet and found a bunch of Tastefully Simple bottles. They had some sort of chipotle stuff that I used instead. Soup was still really yummy! I'm doing it only at a show next week. (not as part of a powercooking trio). I'll MAKE sure my spices are packed. Yet another reason why I wish they would come out with some sort of spice rack/carrier at least for consultants.

straitfan said:
At the last show that I demo'ed this recipe I left home without my chipotle rub! I went rummaging through the host's spice cabinet and found a bunch of Tastefully Simple bottles. They had some sort of chipotle stuff that I used instead. Soup was still really yummy! I'm doing it only at a show next week. (not as part of a powercooking trio). I'll MAKE sure my spices are packed. Yet another reason why I wish they would come out with some sort of spice rack/carrier at least for consultants.

Here, Here! I carry mine in one of the cookware bags we could earn a while back, but then, I am always rummaging through the bag to find what I need. I'd love something that would help me to organize them better!

I've submitted the "idea" to HO, and written it twice on the big sheets of butcher paper in the new product showcase at NC. Maybe next season!

I made this w/ SW instead of Chipolte and I thought it was good. My family all liked it. It was a bit spicy, but we like spicy things. If you don't, I'd cut down the amount a bit.also, a warning - although this tastes VERY good, it does not look very good. (my friends re-named this upchuck chicken).

I usually use the Food Chopper to chop up the chicken for this recipe. It gives it a much better texture and appearance. :)

I usually use the Food Chopper to chop up the chicken for this recipe. It gives it a much better texture and appearance

That's a great idea. I really liked the soup, but did not like the big chunks of chicken since you didn't get a bit of chicken in every bite. I'm going to try this next time!

1. What ingredients are included in the Power Cooking Without Chipotle Rub: SW Seasoning?

The Power Cooking Without Chipotle Rub: SW Seasoning includes a blend of chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, oregano, and black pepper.

2. How is the Power Cooking Without Chipotle Rub: SW Seasoning used in power cooking?

The Power Cooking Without Chipotle Rub: SW Seasoning can be used as a dry rub on meats, sprinkled on vegetables, or added to soups and stews to add a burst of southwestern flavor to your dishes.

3. Is the Power Cooking Without Chipotle Rub: SW Seasoning spicy?

The Power Cooking Without Chipotle Rub: SW Seasoning has a mild level of spiciness, but it can be adjusted to suit your taste by adding more or less to your dishes.

4. Can the Power Cooking Without Chipotle Rub: SW Seasoning be used for vegetarian or vegan dishes?

Yes, the Power Cooking Without Chipotle Rub: SW Seasoning is a great option for adding flavor to vegetarian or vegan dishes. It is free of any animal products or by-products.

5. How long will the Power Cooking Without Chipotle Rub: SW Seasoning last?

The shelf life of the Power Cooking Without Chipotle Rub: SW Seasoning is typically 1-2 years if stored in a cool, dry place. However, for best flavor, we recommend using it within 6 months of opening.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
deanna_g
  • butler4604
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
butler4604
Replies
Views
Melissa78