• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Time-Saving Tips for Chicken Primavera Risotto Recipe

In summary, the host wants the recipe for the risotto from the spring/summer. They do not have time to make it, but would appreciate any help they can get. I suggest doing the chicken as soon as you get there and start prepping all the veggies as soon as you have the chicken on. The recipe also calls for 2 8.8 ounces of pre-cooked rice. Making 4 boxes of Chicken Rice A Roni would be too much.
DZmom
I need tips for the Risotto recipe from the spring/summer. I don't have time to make it. Any help is greatly appreciated. My host for tomorrow wants it and I've only made it once and that was in the spring. She had it at a show and wants me to make it at hers.

TIA

i would love to know too i have a host that is looking for something like that too. thanks for the receipe dzmom

I have never made it until the other night. I HATE doing a recipe that I haven't made at home first so I was really nervous to do it. The host also wanted me to DOUBLE it! My advice is to do the chicken as soon as you get there and start prepping all the veggies as soon as you have the chicken on. Also, make sure your host has the rice pre-cooked. The recipe calls for 2 8.8 ounces of pre-cooked rice. Well my host went and made 4 boxes of Chicken RIce a Roni and it was WAY too much! 2 boxes would have been plenty.:)

If I can think of anything else I will let you know!

i did the same thing with the rice-a-roni. I think this recipe took way to long. my bf and i spent over an hour and a half to make it. Although he spent a while on the chicken because of pan size. He seared the chicken and then slow cooked it. It was SOOO tender! I had no idea he could do taht! i found the risoto to be mushy. I think a regular risotto rice would be really good in this. Risotto holds shape and texture. THe overall flavor was gerat. I loved the marscapone cheese.

My chicken never comes out very tender....can you explain how he did it? (slow cooked? ....I have a 5qt crock pot)

He punded it thin under wax paper with a rolling pin! he put kosher salt and seasoning/pepper on it. He heated up a skillet and put olive oil in it. He dipeed a little water on the skillet to see if it bubbled and was ready. he then added the chicken (very noisy...sizzling) and browned it quickly and then flipped it and got the other side brown. So now the outside is all cooked and is holding all the juices inside. Then he turned down the heat a little and covered the chicken with a lid and let it cook and fliped it once or twice. Be careful though because there was olive oil everywhere! It poped alot so wear cooking mits whn you flip.

That was it! It was like the best chicken i have ever had at home! i felt bad about cutting it up and throwing in the risotto!

Also, my santoko knife sliced like butter through it. My bf is critical about knives. He has cutco knives and thinks they are the best. but on cut with the santoko and he was amazed!

can't wait to try...thanks :) :)

I have seen numerous threads on this recipe when it first came out... try doing search and see if you can find tips, results etc!

I love this recipe and I think it makes a good demo if you think it through. I only made it once at a show and I really regret not making it more.

I know it is one of my NED's favorite demo recipes.

I only made it once, too, and I really thought it was a great demo recipe. The only thing is that you need to have a stovetop near your demo. I saw Nancy Jo do it and she brought a propane burner with her. Great idea, but I feel like I already drag too much stuff with me. I don't want to bring another thing! But I rarely am IN the kitchen with my demo, sometimes on the kitchen table, but not too often right near the stove. It shows a lot of tools and I thought it flowed really well. I made the rice as soon as I got there in the rice cooker with broth instead of water and then everything else in front of all the people...

I use an electric burner. Just make sure you bring an extension cord.

The burner has come in handy at plenty of other shows as well. In fact, I'm using it tomorrow when making the Three Onion Goat Cheese Tart.

This is a great recipe to demo because it uses so many tools.

I would sit down with the recipe and make a list of all the tools it uses. I usually add tools that aren't listed on the actual recipe. (In this case, for example, you could use the santuko, the cook's corer, etc. Definately the Ultimate Mandolin!!)

I actually type up a checklist of the tools I need so that I won't forget something critical at home.

Pound the chicken very thin using your meat tenderizer. I always cook the chicken as soon as I get to the host's house, and I add some spices to it so it smells delicious as people are coming in.

Prep most of the veggies ahead of time, leaving just enough to demo. It makes the recipe take a lot less time. Make SURE you have discussed the rice situation with your host. Either have them cook it ahead of time or have them buy the pre-cooked kind. I showed up at a show with no rice and all she had was minute rice. Yuck. (It still tasted pretty good, though, I will say!)

Have some kind of portable burner. I use a butane one, like restaurants use to cook at your table. Or, for about $10 bucks, you can get an electric one at Walmart.

Bring your prep bowls and lay all the ingredients out when you get there.

Don't try and do more than one recipe.

I usually don't bother with the asiago crisps.

This is a fantastic recipe that gets RAVES every time I make it!

Enjoy!

What is Chicken Primavera Risotto?

Chicken Primavera Risotto is a dish made with Arborio rice, chicken, vegetables, and cheese. It is a creamy and flavorful dish that is perfect for a hearty meal.

What ingredients do I need to make Chicken Primavera Risotto?

To make Chicken Primavera Risotto, you will need Arborio rice, chicken breast, chicken broth, olive oil, onion, garlic, carrots, bell peppers, peas, tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, and herbs and spices such as thyme, oregano, and basil.

How do I cook Chicken Primavera Risotto?

First, cook the chicken in a pan and set it aside. In the same pan, sauté the onions, garlic, and vegetables. Add the rice and cook for a few minutes before adding in chicken broth. Stir occasionally until the rice is cooked and the broth is absorbed. Add in the cooked chicken, herbs, and spices, and top with Parmesan cheese before serving.

Can I use different vegetables in Chicken Primavera Risotto?

Yes, you can use any vegetables that you prefer in Chicken Primavera Risotto. Some popular additions include mushrooms, zucchini, and broccoli. You can also use frozen vegetables if fresh ones are not available.

What are some variations of Chicken Primavera Risotto?

Some variations of Chicken Primavera Risotto include using different types of cheese such as Gouda or feta, adding in cooked bacon or prosciutto for extra flavor, or using different types of protein such as shrimp or tofu instead of chicken. You can also add in different herbs and spices to customize the dish to your liking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JAE
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jenniferknapp
  • chefmoseley
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • babywings76