• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Find a Tasty Chicken Pot Pie Recipe Here!

In summary, this recipe is for a Lattice-Topped Chicken Bake. It has chicken, gravy, cheese, and vegetables. It is easy to make and can be done in a baking dish or on a cutting board.
varga11
I am looking for a chicken pot pie recipe. One of the ladies at a show said she had it at a show about 7 years ago and she still remembers it. I was hoping someone would have it.
Thanks!:chef:

Sorry, couldn't find anything... maybe if she gave you some more details... what were some of the ingredients... was it a traditional pot pie or was it maybe more like a braid or something made into pie form when the consultant made it?

It's actually called the Lattice-Top Chicken Bake. I make this a lot in the winter at my shows.

Here is the recipe:

Lattice-Topped Chicken Bake

1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen vegetable combination (such as broccoli, carrots and cauliflower)
2 cups chopped cooked chicken (2 boneless chicken breast)
1 can (14 3/4 oz.) chicken gravy
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
¼ cup onion, chopped
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pkg (8 oz.) refrigerated crescent rolls

Oven to 375ºF

In Executive 4 Quart Casserole, cook frozen vegetables according to package directions; drain.

Stir in all remaining ingredients (except crescent rolls.)

Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through; spoon into 9" Square Baker.

On 13" x 9" Cutting Board, unroll crescent dough; separate into 2 rectangles. Press perforations and seams together to seal. Using Pizza Cutter, cut each rectangle lengthwise into four 1-ince wide strips; place over chicken mixture in lattice pattern, folding under ends of strips at edges of Baker.

Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings

Cooks Tips: Have leftover turkey after the holidays? Use it in this easy-to-fix casserole instead of the cooked chicken. Turkey gravy may be substituted for the chicken gravy.

Tool Tip: Our Deluxe Cheese Grater makes grating cheddar, Parmesan and other firm or semi-firm cheeses a snap. Grate the cheese ahead of time, place in a resealable plastic bag and refrigerate until ready to use

Thanks I will pass it on! Was it in a cookbook or seasons best?

Hi there! I would be happy to help you with a chicken pot pie recipe. I have been a Pampered Chef consultant for several years now and have tried and tested many delicious recipes. I'm not sure if this is the exact recipe that the lady at the show mentioned, but it is definitely a crowd-pleaser and has been a favorite amongst my customers for years. Here it is:Ingredients:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beatenInstructions:
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
2. Season the diced chicken with salt and pepper.
3. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about 5-6 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
4. In the same skillet, add the onion, garlic, carrots, and celery. Cook until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
5. Add the frozen peas and corn to the skillet and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
6. Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and stir to combine.
7. Slowly pour in the chicken broth, stirring constantly to avoid any lumps. Bring to a simmer and cook until the sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes.
8. Stir in the heavy cream and dried herbs. Add the cooked chicken back to the skillet and stir to combine.
9. Pour the chicken mixture into a 9-inch pie dish.
10. Roll out the puff pastry and place it over the top of the pie dish. Trim any excess pastry and crimp the edges to seal.
11. Brush the beaten egg over the top of the pastry.
12. Using a sharp knife, cut a few slits in the top of the pastry to allow steam to escape.

What ingredients do I need for the chicken pot pie recipe?

You will need 1 lb cooked chicken, 2 cups mixed frozen vegetables, 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 can cream of potato soup, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 tsp dried thyme, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder, salt and pepper, and 1 sheet of thawed puff pastry.

Can I use fresh vegetables instead of frozen in this recipe?

Yes, you can substitute frozen vegetables with 2 cups of your choice of fresh vegetables. Just make sure to chop them into small pieces before adding them to the recipe.

How long does it take to cook the chicken pot pie?

The chicken pot pie will take approximately 40 minutes to cook in the oven at 375°F. Make sure to check the internal temperature of the pie, it should reach 165°F before serving.

Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the chicken pot pie ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking. Make sure to cover it with plastic wrap or foil to prevent it from drying out.

Can I use a different type of meat besides chicken?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken with 1 lb of cooked ground beef or turkey. Make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure the meat is fully cooked before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • pamperedape
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • babywings76