• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chicken Pot Pie Appetizer?

In summary, the author is thinking of making chicken pot pie bites for an appetizer and is unsure of timing or how to make the crust more crusty.
magentablue
I am invited to an St Patrick's Day celebration with my husband's gigantic family. We are having stew, corned beef and cabbage, potatoes, and desserts. Since those were all already "taken" when I came on the scene, I offered to make an appetizer... I just didn't tell them which one, lol.

I am thinking possibly pot pie bites... I was debating the options for something bite-sized to put the pot pie filling into. I thought of wonton wrappers in the mmp, or those phylo cups that you can bake on any stone... what do you think would work best?

I'd use pie crust and cut with biscuit cutters to fit in muffin pan.

I assume you would cook the crust for a bit, then add the filling and cook some more? Any idea on timing?

I don't think you'd need to cook the crust first, just going off the taffy apple tarts. You dont pre cook them, just fill with the apple mixture and cook at 400 degrees for about 16 minutes, so I'd think you could do the same with your filling...

I know this is an old thread, but since it is about Chicken Pot Pie I thought I'll add a question to it. The Chicken Pot Pie done in the Comfort Foods Freezer Meal Workshop instructions says to put the ingredients in a frozen pie crust then add the top, let sit for 10 min & pinch the crust together. Another consultant said the bottom crust comes out mushy. Any advice on keeping the crust more crusty?

I would pre-bake the bottom crust (prick the bottom and sides. Then bake at 425F for 10-12 min), cool and then put filling and top crust. You can then pop the whole thing in the freezer.
byrd1956 said:
I know this is an old thread, but since it is about Chicken Pot Pie I thought I'll add a question to it. The Chicken Pot Pie done in the Comfort Foods Freezer Meal Workshop instructions says to put the ingredients in a frozen pie crust then add the top, let sit for 10 min & pinch the crust together. Another consultant said the bottom crust comes out mushy. Any advice on keeping the crust more crusty?
I

What ingredients are needed to make a chicken pot pie appetizer?

To make a chicken pot pie appetizer, you will need cooked chicken, frozen mixed vegetables, cream of chicken soup, refrigerated pie crust, and seasonings such as salt, pepper, and thyme.

Can I use a different type of meat instead of chicken?

Yes, you can use any type of cooked meat such as turkey, beef, or pork to make a chicken pot pie appetizer. Just make sure to adjust the seasonings to complement the chosen meat.

How do I make the pie crust flaky and golden brown?

To ensure a flaky and golden brown pie crust, brush an egg wash over the top before baking. This will give the crust a shiny and crispy finish.

Can I make this appetizer ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the chicken pot pie appetizers ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking. Just make sure to cover them with plastic wrap to prevent them from drying out.

Can I use a mini muffin tin to make smaller appetizers?

Yes, you can use a mini muffin tin to make bite-sized chicken pot pie appetizers. Just cut the pie crust into smaller circles and adjust the baking time accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cindylpal
  • pamperedape