• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chicken Pot Pie Appetizer?

magentablue

Jul 14, 2010
I am invited to an St Patrick's Day celebration with my husband's gigantic family. We are having stew, corned beef and cabbage, potatoes, and desserts. Since those were all already "taken" when I came on the scene, I offered to make an appetizer... I just didn't tell them which one, lol.

I am thinking possibly pot pie bites... I was debating the options for something bite-sized to put the pot pie filling into. I thought of wonton wrappers in the mmp, or those phylo cups that you can bake on any stone... what do you think would work best?

magentablue

Jul 14, 2010
I assume you would cook the crust for a bit, then add the filling and cook some more? Any idea on timing?

tinawhite07

Feb 1, 2011
I don't think you'd need to cook the crust first, just going off the taffy apple tarts. You dont pre cook them, just fill with the apple mixture and cook at 400 degrees for about 16 minutes, so I'd think you could do the same with your filling...

byrd1956

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
I know this is an old thread, but since it is about Chicken Pot Pie I thought I'll add a question to it. The Chicken Pot Pie done in the Comfort Foods Freezer Meal Workshop instructions says to put the ingredients in a frozen pie crust then add the top, let sit for 10 min & pinch the crust together. Another consultant said the bottom crust comes out mushy. Any advice on keeping the crust more crusty?

barbara_anne

Aug 8, 2010
I would pre-bake the bottom crust (prick the bottom and sides. Then bake at 425F for 10-12 min), cool and then put filling and top crust. You can then pop the whole thing in the freezer.

I know this is an old thread, but since it is about Chicken Pot Pie I thought I'll add a question to it. The Chicken Pot Pie done in the Comfort Foods Freezer Meal Workshop instructions says to put the ingredients in a frozen pie crust then add the top, let sit for 10 min & pinch the crust together. Another consultant said the bottom crust comes out mushy. Any advice on keeping the crust more crusty?
I