• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chicken Pesto and Tomato Flatbread

In summary, the speaker is unsure about where to post their question. They want to make a chicken dish for a show but do not have all the necessary tools. They have previously made the dish at home using a microwave and various graters. They are seeking advice on how to prepare for their upcoming show. They have received a call from someone interested in booking a show and are excited to try something new. Some suggestions for the dish include using different seasonings and substituting tools if needed. The speaker is open to any additional advice.
PamperedSD
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. I would like to make this for a show but I do not have the Ultimate Mandoline or the cooling rack. I would make the chicken in the micro w/ the DCB and season it with Sun-Dried Tomato herb (this is how I made when I tried it at home). When I made this at home I grated 1/2 the cheese with the microplane grater and the half that goes on top with my old fashion box grater. I was thinking that if I did this for a show maybe I can just grade the cheese with my old fashion one ahead of time and put it into a prep bowl?

I'm fairly new still and have not done very many shows. So far I have only done Margaritas & Fajitas shows and 2 with the Chicken al Fresco. I had a lady call me last night (first time this ever happened to me!) to book a show for next weekend. I have already done 2 shows with this group - they all live on the same block so I would like to try something new.

Any advice is much appreciated as always!!

Thank you!!

It sounds like you have a great plan! If you don't have the Ultimate Mandoline or the cooling rack, you can still make a delicious Chicken al Fresco dish. You can certainly prepare the cheese ahead of time and put it in a prep bowl. You can also use a regular grater instead of the Microplane grater for the cheese if needed. For the seasonings, you may want to experiment with different flavors to make it more interesting. You could try adding some garlic, onion powder, paprika, and/or dried herbs. Good luck with your show!

I think you have a solid plan! Grating the cheese ahead of time and storing it in a prep bowl is a great idea. You can also use a regular cooling rack or even a baking sheet lined with parchment paper instead of the Ultimate Mandoline. Just make sure to be careful when slicing the chicken and use a sharp knife. Good luck with your show!

What ingredients do I need to make the Chicken Pesto and Tomato Flatbread?

To make the Chicken Pesto and Tomato Flatbread, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 prepared flatbread crust
  • 2 tablespoons pesto
  • 1 cup cooked and shredded chicken
  • 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Can I use a different type of crust for the flatbread?

Yes, you can use any type of flatbread or pizza crust for this recipe. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

How do I cook the chicken for the flatbread?

You can use pre-cooked chicken, such as rotisserie chicken, or cook your own chicken breasts. To cook chicken breasts, preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Place the chicken on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.

Can I make this flatbread ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the flatbread ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to bake. Just make sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.

How do I store leftovers of the Chicken Pesto and Tomato Flatbread?

Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. To reheat, place the flatbread in the oven at 375 degrees F for 10-15 minutes, or until heated through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • PamperedSD
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
bgchef
  • Loveh20mi