• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chicken Pesto and Tomato Flatbread - W/O Ultimate Mandoline

In summary, the Chicken Pesto and Tomato Flatbread takes a total of 35 minutes to make, with 15 minutes for prep and 20 minutes for cooking. Pre-made flatbread can be used for this recipe, but using the Pampered Chef Ultimate Mandoline is recommended for the perfect thickness. Different proteins like shrimp or tofu can be substituted for chicken, with cooking time adjustments. The flatbread can also be frozen before cooking, but should be thawed in the refrigerator before baking. Different types of pesto, such as sun-dried tomato or spinach, can be used for this recipe.
PamperedSD
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. I would like to make this for a show but I do not have the Ultimate Mandoline or the cooling rack. I would make the chicken in the micro w/ the DCB and season it with Sun-Dried Tomato herb (this is how I made when I tried it at home). When I made this at home I grated 1/2 the cheese with the microplane grater and the half that goes on top with my old fashion box grater. I was thinking that if I did this for a show maybe I can just grade the cheese with my old fashion one ahead of time and put it into a prep bowl?

I'm fairly new still and have not done very many shows. So far I have only done Margaritas & Fajitas shows and 2 with the Chicken al Fresco. I had a lady call me last night (first time this ever happened to me!) to book a show for next weekend. I have already done 2 shows with this group - they all live on the same block so I would like to try something new.

Any advice is much appreciated as always!!

Thank you!!

Do it the way you made it at home... It's ok to tweak the recipes, I do it all the time.

Do it just like you said, grate the cheese ahead and have in the prep bowls. You could just tell your host to have that amount of cheese grated, ready to go, for when you get there! Make it easy on yourself!When you make it "look" easy, you will be more likely to generate interest in your business. No one will want to do our job if it looks too hard!

Last edited:

1. How long does it take to make the Chicken Pesto and Tomato Flatbread?

The prep time for this recipe is approximately 15 minutes and the cooking time is 20 minutes, making it a total of 35 minutes.

2. Can I use pre-made flatbread for this recipe?

Yes, you can use pre-made flatbread for this recipe. However, we recommend using our Pampered Chef Ultimate Mandoline to get the perfect thickness for the flatbread.

3. Can I substitute the chicken with a different protein?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken with a different protein such as shrimp or tofu. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

4. Can I freeze the flatbread for later use?

Yes, you can freeze the flatbread before cooking. Make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before placing it in the freezer. When ready to use, let it thaw in the refrigerator before baking.

5. Can I use a different type of pesto for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a different type of pesto, such as sun-dried tomato or spinach pesto, for this recipe. It may alter the flavor slightly, but it will still be delicious.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedSD
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • mountainmama74