• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baking a Whole Chicken: A Simple Guide

In summary, the author suggests treating the covered baker like a roasting pan and following traditional cooking times for a whole chicken. For the first time, she cooked the chicken in the microwave and it was delicious. She also experimented with crockpot recipes and found that the covered baker made them easier. Finally, she recommends signing up for their quarterly magazine, which complements what the PC is all about.
D_Patel
Ok , i bought a whole chicken , i want to use my covered baker , in the oven not microwave.... i also have carrots to put in. Iam clueless ! Help ! What do i do , what temp for how long and how do i prepare the chicken for baking >

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!

If you're using the oven, treat your stone like a roasting pan. Follow the traditional cooking time for roasting a whole chicken, about 20 minutes per pound.

When I used to do it in the old DDB DDBakingBowl combo I would do a 4lb chicken with the lid on at 400 degree's for 45 minutes. Then I would take the lid off and let it brown another 15 minutes. A 5lb chicken would bake an hour covered then I would take the lid off and bake for another 15 minutes.

I made the 30 minute chicken last night for the first time in the microwave. The online recipe had too many steps so instead I brushed the bird and the baker with olive oil and generously sprinked the Jamaican Jerk seasoning all over the chicken...it was soooo good.

LOL - there's a recipe? what recipe?

The first time I made the 30-minute chicken, I sprinkled mine with seasoning, covered it and popped it in the microwave. Easy peasy.

Since that first time, I've experimented with crock-pot recipes, making them in the microwave using the covered baker.
H E A V E N ! ! !

This is becoming my favorite piece of stoneware.

Last edited:
D_Patel said:
Ok , i bought a whole chicken , i want to use my covered baker , in the oven not microwave.... i also have carrots to put in. Iam clueless ! Help ! What do i do , what temp for how long and how do i prepare the chicken for baking >

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!

The "Juiciest Roast Chicken" recipe in the Fall/Winter SB is delicious - and uses the DCB. I would recommend trying that one!

In addition to the 30 minute chicken info on CC, you can go to www.kraftfoods.com, type "chicken" into the search box and voila....tons of chicken recipes and chicken "helps".

I subscribe to their weekly emails and yesterday they sent a recipe for "Roasted Chicken". That is the actual name of the recipe so you can search that too :)

If you are not already signed up for their quarterly magazine....DO THAT TODAY!!! The Kraft foods website, emails, and magazine really compliment what PC is all about. Check it out!

Well i ended up , setting the overn to 425, took the chicken brushed it with oil added our italiam seasoning and adding a bag of baby carrots , put a little bit of water in the bottom an hour and a half later ! AMAZING the chicken fell of the bone !DH was very happy !!! It was the best chicken i ever have cooked !!!

*** Those on the fence on the covered baker BUY it !!!! So worth it !!!!

MMM....Did you cover it?

1. How do I prepare the chicken before baking?

Before baking a whole chicken, it is important to remove any giblets or innards from the cavity. Then, rinse the chicken under cold water and pat it dry with paper towels. You can also season the chicken with your desired herbs and spices before baking.

2. What temperature should I bake the chicken at?

The recommended temperature for baking a whole chicken is 375°F (190°C). This allows the chicken to cook evenly and reach a safe internal temperature without drying out.

3. How long should I bake the chicken for?

The general rule of thumb for baking a whole chicken is to cook it for 20 minutes per pound. So, if your chicken weighs 4 pounds, it should be baked for approximately 80 minutes. However, it is always best to use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) before removing it from the oven.

4. Should I cover the chicken while it bakes?

It is recommended to cover the chicken with aluminum foil for the first 30-40 minutes of baking. This helps to trap moisture and keep the chicken from drying out. Then, remove the foil for the remainder of the baking time to allow the skin to crisp up.

5. Can I add vegetables to the pan while baking the chicken?

Yes, you can add vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, and onions to the pan while the chicken bakes. Just be sure to cut them into small, even pieces so they cook at the same rate as the chicken. You can also add some chicken broth or white wine to the pan for added flavor and moisture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • DebPC