1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Chicken Fajitas question

1. jackieblue

jackieblue Member

Has anyone ever done this for a cooking show without the salad chopper? I was thinking of trying this w/ the utility knife. Someone asked for a healthy recipe for an upcoming show to serve a bunch. Thoughts?

Thanks!!

Aug 4, 2009
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I never use the salad chopper for the fajitas. If I'm making salsa to go with the fajitas, I use it for the salsa.

Aug 4, 2009
  3. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

I don't use the SC for the fajitas either, I tell them to get chicken tenders so I don't have to cut them up

Aug 4, 2009
  4. jackieblue

jackieblue Member

Awesome idea!

Aug 4, 2009
  5. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

Thanks, I just tell them to get a bag, they cost about the same as chix breasts w/o the hassle!

Aug 4, 2009
  6. Melissa78

Melissa78 Veteran Member Gold Member

I use chicken tenders as well but use the SC to chop them more into pieces before mixing with the o/p. I have done them with the utlitily knife as well to show that you don't have to have all of the tools to make the meal, the tools just make life easier.

Aug 4, 2009
  7. I always use tenders too, but I have used both the SC and the kitchen shears. Both work great! If you wanted to, you could use shears for the chicken and SC for the salsa.

Good luck!

8. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I usually use a knife to slice the chicken. I use the choppers for salsa.

Aug 4, 2009
Have something to add?