• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

DCB Chicken Fajitas: Add Oil for Extra Flavor?

In summary, The DCB Chicken Fajitas recipe involves slicing onions and peppers with a mandoline and forged cutlery respectively, then adding a rub of choice (e.g. Southwestern or Chipolte) to the bottom layer followed by chicken strips. Then another layer of rub is added. The recipe can also involve pressing garlic over the peppers and squeezing half a lime over the chicken before adding spice. Olive oil can be omitted as it is not necessary. It is advised
crystalscookingnow said:
I'm not sure if this has been posted or suggested yet but my director just gave me this idea to help with the liquid in the bottom of the baker.

She puts instant rice in the bottom of the baker (not a lot, just enough to cover the bottom), then puts the onions, peppers, rub, chicken & rub again. Micro'd like normal & it was great.

What a great idea!

The rice idea -- BRILLIANT!

I did these for a show last week with a group of women that did not know me. (Odd, I know.) Anyway, they were AMAZED that the chicken turned out moist and tasty. As one said to me after she tried them: "I didn't really want to try them because I thought they would be dry and tough like microwave chicken usually turns out." I sold 2 DCBs immediately and more are thinking about it.

"Changing the way America cooks one party at a time..."

I've made this 2 or 3 times, and every time it's watery and kinda bland. Besides Crystal's (brilliant) suggestion of rice at the bottom (wouldn't want to do that at a show)...any suggestions on what I can do? Am I doing something wrong? (re: watery)

<h2>Question 1</h2><p>Do you do ANYTHING DIFFERENT THAN above and have great success with your recipe variation?</p><h2>Answer</h2><p>While the recipe for DCB Chicken Fajitas calls for a bottom layer of DCB, followed by a layer of onions and peppers, and then a layer of chicken strips, some people have had success with variations. Some have added a layer of black beans or corn in between the onions and peppers, while others have added a layer of shredded cheese on top of the chicken. Experimenting with different variations can add new flavors and textures to the dish.</p><h2>Question 2</h2><p>Does anyone add 1-2 tsp of olive oil on top of chicken before adding more rub?</p><h2>Answer</h2><p>Yes, some people have had success with adding a small amount of olive oil on top of the chicken before adding the rub. This can help to add extra moisture and flavor to the chicken. However, it is important to keep in mind that the rub already contains spices and seasonings, so be mindful of not adding too much oil and overpowering the dish. You can also try using flavored oils, such as garlic or chili oil, for an extra kick of flavor.</p>

Question 1

Do you do ANYTHING DIFFERENT THAN above and have great success with your recipe variation?

Answer

While the recipe for DCB Chicken Fajitas calls for a bottom layer of DCB, followed by a layer of onions and peppers, and then a layer of chicken strips, some people have had success with variations. Some have added a layer of black beans or corn in between the onions and peppers, while others have added a layer of shredded cheese on top of the chicken. Experimenting with different variations can add new flavors and textures to the dish.

Question 2

Does anyone add 1-2 tsp of olive oil on top of chicken before adding more rub?

Answer

Yes, some people have had success with adding a small amount of olive oil on top of the chicken before adding the rub. This can help to add extra moisture and flavor to the chicken. However, it is important to keep in mind that the rub already contains spices and seasonings, so be mindful of not adding too much oil and overpowering the dish. You can also try using flavored oils, such as garlic or chili oil, for an extra kick of flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheFreddiesCook
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Dotty
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies