• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spicy Chicken Bites: A Cooking Experiment

In summary, The peppers overpowered the chicken filling in the last batch of fajita bites made by the narrator. She is going to mix up the filling tonight and add a finely chopped pepper to that then put it in the mini baker and bake it.
mmilus
Gold Member
I made these last week and, while we liked them okay, both my DD and I thought the peppers overwhelmed the chicken filling. I'm going to mix up the filling tonight and add a finely chopped pepper to that then put it in the mini baker and bake it. Any suggestions on how hot or how long? I'm thinking I'll do them about the same as the Bruschetta dip. Then we'll try it with tortilla chips and the sour cream topping. I'm open to any suggestions and will let you know how it turns out.

I would say cook for the time the fajita bites call for, the bruschetta dip time may be too long. My husband had the same remark about too much pepper. He suggested cutting the pepper wedges in half, thus making twice as many. Works great!

Just curious, what color peppers did you use? I like red, yellow and orange peppers a lot more than I like green bell peppers.

We used red, green, yellow, and orange. For some reason, red peppers tend to upset my stomach but the yellow, orange, and green ones don't.

chefjeanine said:
Just curious, what color peppers did you use? I like red, yellow and orange peppers a lot more than I like green bell peppers.
I much prefer the colors you listed instead of the green ones.

mmilus said:
We used red, green, yellow, and orange. For some reason, red peppers tend to upset my stomach but the yellow, orange, and green ones don't.

That's weird because it's usually the green ones that cause a problem since they aren't ripe yet.

I was wondering if there was an overwhelming flavor because you used all green. . .and if they (green) would be stronger because they aren't "ripe" yet. Thanks for the feedback. I find the other colors to be sweeter, a little more mellow in flavor.

Interesting...I think these may be one of my all-time favourite appetizers now. I absolutely love them! I definitely wouldn't use green peppers though. For shows, it wouldn't be great to not show the veggie wedger, but if I make them at home, I think I'm going to get the tiny bell peppers you can get at costco and just cut them in half.Let us know how the dip turns out - I was thinking of doing something similar in the future - just to change it up a bit.

I am not a bell pepper lover at ALL but found these appetizers absolutely delicious! I agree that green probably wouldn't work very well... I also think that using smaller chunks of the pepper would work really well.

The dip turned out AWESOME! I chopped one pepper and added it to the chicken mixture then baked it for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Served it with tortilla chips and it was a hit with the starving college students during their study session. I'll probably follow the recipe for shows but for her at home, it's a dip from now on.

What ingredients do I need to make Spicy Chicken Bites?

To make these delicious chicken bites, you will need boneless, skinless chicken breasts, spicy seasoning of your choice, bread crumbs, and eggs.

Can I substitute the chicken for a different protein?

Yes, you can use diced tofu, shrimp, or even cauliflower for a vegetarian version of this dish.

How do I make the chicken bites spicy?

The level of spiciness is up to your personal preference. You can use a store-bought spicy seasoning or make your own by combining cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder.

What is the best way to cook the chicken bites?

You can either bake them in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes or fry them in a pan with oil until they are golden brown and crispy.

Can I make these ahead of time and reheat them?

Yes, you can make these chicken bites ahead of time and reheat them in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes or in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • ChefetteDuJour
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jenniepc