• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Chicken Enchilada Skillet Recipe | 11 Skillet Use & Care Tips

In summary, to make a Chicken Enchilada Skillet, you will need boneless, skinless chicken breasts, onion, red bell pepper, black beans, diced tomatoes, frozen corn, enchilada seasoning, chicken broth, shredded cheese, and corn tortillas. You can substitute the chicken with other protein options and do not need to pre-cook the chicken. The dish can be made in advance and reheated, and can be served with additional toppings or a side of rice or salad.
Becca_in_MD
Gold Member
Has anyone made the Chicken Enchilada Skillet recipe that's on the new 11" skillet Use & Care? Show recipe? Tips?

Just bought all the ingredients, making it one night this week. I am substituting Hot Sausage for the Chirizo and I bought "good" tortilla chips but I am not sure that they are authentic.

cincychef said:
Just bought all the ingredients, making it one night this week. I am substituting Hot Sausage for the Chirizo and I bought "good" tortilla chips but I am not sure that they are authentic.

The bag will say "authentic" - they have a different texture than other tortilla chips.

Does anyone have the recipe typed out?

Here you go:

Chicken Enchilada Skillet

8 oz. (250 g) pork chorizo sausage, casings removed
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3 cups (750 mL) shredded rotisserie chicken
2 cups (500 mL) green or red enchilada or taco sauce
8 cups (2 L) authentic Mexican tortilla chips (about 6 cups/1.5 L coarsely crushed)
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced

1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Cook sausage in All White Ceramic 11” Covered Skillet over medium heat 7-9 minutes or until cooked through, breaking into crumbles. Remove Skillet from heat and drain excess fat, if necessary. Return Skillet to heat. Add onion to chorizo in Skillet; cook 3-4 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. Remove Skillet from heat.

2. Stir in chicken and enchilada sauce; bring to a simmer. Add chips and mix well to coat. Top with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 4-5 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro and tomatoes.

Yield: 12 servings​

Thank you!!!!!

Just made this tonight and my family loved it! Easy and delicious. I used up some stale chips I had and it was good!

What ingredients do I need to make a Chicken Enchilada Skillet?

To make a delicious Chicken Enchilada Skillet, you will need the following ingredients: 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 1 onion, 1 red bell pepper, 1 can of black beans, 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1 cup of frozen corn, 1 packet of enchilada seasoning, 1 cup of chicken broth, 1 cup of shredded cheese, and 1 package of corn tortillas.

Can I substitute the chicken with another protein?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken with ground beef, ground turkey, or even tofu for a vegetarian option. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Do I need to pre-cook the chicken before adding it to the skillet?

No, you do not need to pre-cook the chicken. Simply cut it into bite-sized pieces and it will cook through in the skillet with the other ingredients.

Can I make this dish in advance and reheat it?

Yes, you can make the Chicken Enchilada Skillet in advance and reheat it. Just store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and reheat it in the microwave or on the stovetop.

What can I serve with the Chicken Enchilada Skillet?

The Chicken Enchilada Skillet is a complete meal on its own, but you can serve it with some additional toppings such as avocado, sour cream, or cilantro. You can also serve it with a side of rice or a fresh salad.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • pjpamchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
SUZIEQCONSULTANT
  • dana_jni