• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Low-Calorie Recipes? - Needing Chicken Cobb Salad Recipe

In summary, Jennie is asking for the recipe for the chicken cobb salad from one of her past hosts. She says she needs it for her mother-in-law's show that is happening soon, and that she has the grilling cards but doesn't know where they went. Jennie also says that she would appreciate it if someone could help her out. Finally, Jennie says that she is needing to make this before a show and asks if anyone knows any other low-calorie recipes.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
Hey everyone! I am following Acherry's tropical theme and doing it for my mother-in-laws show and am needing the recipe for the chicken cobb salad. I did have the grilling cards but gave them to a past host b/c she thought they came with the whold b-b-q set. I thought that it would be good customer service and it turns out it was b/c she is having another show with me on Sept.10!! :) Anyways, if someone could please help me out, I would appreciate it. Also~does anyone know any other Low-Calorie recipes? :confused:

recipehere is the recipe you asked for it is so yummy my husband loves it i plan on making it this week

1 pkg iceberg lettuce salad mix (16 oz)
1 lg cucumber
1/2 small onion
1 avacado peeled
2 medium tomatoes, seeded
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
salt and coarsley ground pepper
1/2 cup bbq sauce
3 slices bacon crisply cooked , drained and crumbled (optional)
1/2 cup ranch dressing

1. Place lettuce in Simple Additions Lg bowl. Score cucumber using lemon zester/scorer. Cut cucumber in half crosswise and remove seeds using the corer. Slice cucumber and onion using US&G fitted with v shaped blade; cut cucumber slices in half using chefs knife. using avacado peeler, cut avacado in halg length wise; remove seed and cut flesh away from skin. Dice avacado and tomatoe using chefs knife. Arrange cucumber, onion, avacado, tomatoes and cheese in diagonal rows, leaving a row open down the center. Cover refrigerate salad until ready to serve.

2. Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium coals. Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes; thread onto four 12 inch skewers and season with saltt and pepper. Place kebobson grid of grill. Grill, covered, 10-12 min or until chicken is no longer pink in the center turning occasionally with BBQ tongs and brushing with bbq sauce using basting brush. Discard any remaining bbq sauce. Remove chicken from grill; cool slightly and remove from skewers.

3. Arrange chicken down center of salad; sprinkle with bacon, if desired. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently and serve immediatly.

Thank you so much Jennie! I am needing to make this before a show so I appreciate you doing that! Thanks again! :)

1. What is considered a low-calorie recipe?

A low-calorie recipe typically contains 500 calories or less per serving. It focuses on incorporating nutrient-dense ingredients and limiting high-calorie ingredients such as added sugars and unhealthy fats.

2. Can I still get enough protein from a low-calorie recipe?

Yes, there are plenty of low-calorie recipes that include protein sources such as lean meats, fish, tofu, beans, and legumes. For example, our Chicken Cobb Salad recipe provides 25 grams of protein per serving.

3. Are low-calorie recipes bland and tasteless?

No, low-calorie recipes can be just as flavorful and delicious as higher calorie meals. The key is to use herbs, spices, and other flavorful ingredients to enhance the taste without adding excess calories. Our Chicken Cobb Salad recipe features a homemade dressing that adds a burst of flavor to the dish.

4. How can I make sure I am getting enough nutrients from a low-calorie recipe?

A well-balanced low-calorie recipe will include a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein sources. It is also important to pay attention to portion sizes and aim to include a variety of colors on your plate to ensure you are getting a variety of nutrients.

5. Can I make substitutions in a low-calorie recipe?

Yes, you can make substitutions in a low-calorie recipe to fit your dietary needs or preferences. For example, you can swap out chicken for tofu or use a different type of dressing in our Chicken Cobb Salad recipe. Just make sure to consider the nutritional value of the substitution and adjust the portion sizes accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KRISTI'SCOOKING
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
Replies
Views
Admin Greg