• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Chicken & Broccoli Pastry Cups Be Made in a Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan?

In summary, the recipe calls for chopped chicken, broccoli, and carrot strips, condensed cream of chicken soup, Dijon mustard, garlic pressed with garlic press, and black pepper. The pastry squares are filled with chicken, broccoli, and tomato slices, and then grated cheese is added. The pastry cups are then baked for about 30-35 minutes.
Bren706
Gold Member
I am looking for the Chicken & Broccoli Pastry Cups recipe that was featured in the Spring/Summer 2002 Season's Best. Could someone please post it for me? My host for Thursday wants me to make it at her show.

Chicken & Broccoli Pastry Cups1 1/2 cups (10 ounces) chopped cooked chicken
1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed, drained and chopped
1 small carrot, cut into julienne strips
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) reduced-fat, reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed (1 sheet)
2 plum tomatoes, sliced
1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh parmesan cheese1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coarsely chop chicken and broccoli using Food Chopper. Cut carrot into julienne strips using julienne peeler; cut strips into 1-inch pieces. Place chicken, broccoli, carrot strips, soup, mustard, garlic pressed with garlic press and black pepper into Classic Batter Bowl; mix well.2. Unfold puff pastry sheet onto lightly floured cutting board. Roll into a 9 x 12-inch rectangle using Baker's Roller, flouring as needed using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Using pizza cutter, cut pastry sheet into twelve 3-inch squares. Place squares into cups of stoneware muffin pan.3. Scoop filling into pastry cups using large scoop. Slice tomatoes using ultimate slice and grate (now mandoline). Place one slice of tomato onto each scoop of filling. Grate cheese over pastries using deluxe cheese grater.4. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. REmove from over and place on stackable cooling rack; cool 5 minutes. Using small spreader, release pastry around edges of muffin cups and carefully lift out. Serve hot.Yield: 12 servings.Cook's Tip:
Frozen puff pastry comes in a package containing 2 sheets. Thaw 1 sheet of puff pastry at room temperature about 30 minutes before using. Store unused pastry in the freezer until ready to use.

Thank you so much for posting this Janet!

Has anyone ever made these in the Deluxe mini-muffin pan? I do not have the stoneware muffin pan. I wonder if I can make them small, and just reduce the cooking time.

1. Can I use frozen broccoli for this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen broccoli for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw and drain it before using it in the pastry cups.

2. Can I substitute the chicken with another protein?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken with another protein such as turkey or tofu. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

3. Can I make these ahead of time and reheat them?

Yes, you can make these pastry cups ahead of time and reheat them in the oven or microwave before serving. Just be sure not to overcook them to avoid a soggy crust.

4. Can I use a different type of cheese for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a different type of cheese for this recipe. Cheddar, mozzarella, or even feta would work well in these pastry cups.

5. Can I add other vegetables to this recipe?

Yes, you can add other vegetables to this recipe. Mushrooms, bell peppers, or spinach would be great additions to the chicken and broccoli filling.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pampchef.angel
Replies
Views
smilesarepriceless
  • krahema
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies