• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Easy Chicken Broccoli Braid Recipe: Tips & Tricks from a Pro Chef

Pour the batter on top of the candy bar pieces. o Put the fluted stone in the microwave and cook on high for 12 minutes. Let cool for 5-10 minutes. o Use the rubber scraper to loosen the edges of the cake and turn out onto the Simple Additions Platter. o Use the knife or rubber scraper to spread the frosting over the cake. o Enjoy!In summary, the conversation is about making a show outline for the Chicken Broccoli Braid. The main discussion points include using the Deep Covered Baker for cooking chicken, chopping broccoli in the Manual Food Processor, using the Garlic Peeler/Slicer set, and deciding on which
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I am working on making a show outline for the Chicken Broccoli Braid.
I did this demo over and over during my first 2 years in biz...and haven't touched it in 5 years.
But, since it's in the catalog this season, I thought I'd revisit it.

Some thoughts, though, that I was hoping ya'll would brainstorm with me:

Cook chicken in DCB

Slice with Forged Santoku & Chop with FC? if I recall, it doesn't always cooperate with the FC when it comes right out of the micro?

Throw a handful of broccoli into MFP and chop it can the MFP handle broccoli? How many pumps to chop it but not cremate it?
Press the garlic
Show the garlic peeler/slicer set...can I slice the almonds with the Garlic Slicer or is that just a rumor?
Should I do this on the Lg Bar Pan the sides get in the way but it IS a new consultant kit item or on the new Stoneware Cookie Sheet?
Roll the dough out with Bakers Roller
Slice the dough with Pizza Cutter

Now...what to do while it cooks???
If I opt NOT to cook the chicken in the DCB and just have the host buy precooked chicken, I could throw in a DCB lava cake in the microwave while the braid cooks? Or a fluted pan cake? Ugh - I hate starting in with 2 recipes again.

I always have out some cream cheese with sauces...so I could take some time to talk about those, so the slide and the ticket game and go into the whole DCB shpeil to fill the cooking time...
thoughts? Ideas? input?
It's been forever since I switched up my recipe repertoire so I am a tad bit anxious...:bugeye::bugeye::bugeye:

Go the fully interactive route. LOL That's my 2 cents. ;)

I would do the chicken in the DCB, have guests chop it with the salad chopper.

During the cooking time for the braid, you could do a fluted pan cake, I have been doing the Snickers Miracle Cake off Chef Success or I have also been doing Apple Berry Salsa with the MFP bringing the Cinnamon Chips premade and that has been a HUGE hit, the apple is amazing in there. Either of those would still allow time for the booking slide and ticket game etc...

Shiela - I would love to but people here all but refuse "I'm at a party - you can cook for me"

Lynette - Snickers Miracle Cake?? How? did I miss this? Do you have the recipe??

Does anyone know if the Garlic Peeler Slicer set can handle almonds?
And Can the MFP handle broccoli? And if so, how many pumps before it's mush?

Consider me your hospitality Director for the day. Now go tell your next 5 hosts that you've been given a challenge by your Director to try this new fun way of doing shows that's getting GREAT feedback from the hosts and guests ... don't ask ... tell them! :DWhen you introduce it to the guests, tell them that you are going to be doing your show a little different than anything that they've probably ever seen before and that this is their opportunity to see, touch AND USE the tools so that they'll know which ones they really want. Then tell them that it's your theory that if they can't go home and REPEAT what they saw at today's show ... what was the point of being here? Then be quiet & look around the room for the heads to start to nod. Once you see some starting to agree, let them know which recipe(s) the host has chosen & invite them to go & wash their hands so that they can get started. If there's more than one recipe, whoever gets back to the table first gets to CHOOSE which recipe they do. I've literally had guests bolt from their chair & RUN to wash their hands. The reactions of the other guests when that happens is hilarious. LOL

For the Interactive part, one thing that has really helped me get them up and going is having the host pick the first participant and then that person picks the next person and so on...

And the cake:
Snickers Miracle Cake

Ingredients Needed:
• 1 container of caramel or chocolate fudge frosting
• 1 box of any type of chocolate cake (I prefer Dark Chocolate Fudge)
• 1 package of nuts
• 2 regular sized snicker’s bars

Cooking Tools:
• Batter Bowl
• Fluted Stone
• Food Chopper
• Rubber Scraper
• Whisk
• Simple Additions Platter
• Santoku Knife

Cooking Instructions:

o Using the whisk, mix up cake ingredients in the batter bowl and set it to the side.
o Use food chopper to chop nuts to the desired size. Sprinkle the chopped nuts into the bottom of the fluted stone.
o Using the Santoku Knife coarsely chop the candy bars into pieces approximately ½” wide. Sprinkle the candy bar pieces into the fluted stone on top of the nuts.
o Next, pour the cake batter into the fluted stone.
o Using the Rubber Scraper dollop three good-sized spoonfuls of frosting on top of the cake. This will be about ¾ of the container of frosting.
o Now put in microwave for 12-13 min.
o Let it sit for 5 minutes then turn over on round platter.

GRAB A LARGE GLASS OF MILK, AND CUT A SLICE AND ENJOY

almondfarm said:
Snickers Miracle Cake

Ingredients Needed:
• 1 container of caramel or chocolate fudge frosting
• 1 box of any type of chocolate cake (I prefer Dark Chocolate Fudge)
• 1 package of nuts
• 2 regular sized snicker’s bars

Cooking Tools:
• Batter Bowl
• Fluted Stone
• Food Chopper
• Rubber Scraper
• Whisk
• Simple Additions Platter
• Santoku Knife

Cooking Instructions:

o Using the whisk, mix up cake ingredients in the batter bowl and set it to the side.
o Use food chopper to chop nuts to the desired size. Sprinkle the chopped nuts into the bottom of the fluted stone.
o Using the Santoku Knife coarsely chop the candy bars into pieces approximately ½” wide. Sprinkle the candy bar pieces into the fluted stone on top of the nuts.
o Next, pour the cake batter into the fluted stone.
o Using the Rubber Scraper dollop three good-sized spoonfuls of frosting on top of the cake. This will be about ¾ of the container of frosting.
o Now put in microwave for 12-13 min.
o Let it sit for 5 minutes then turn over on round platter.

GRAB A LARGE GLASS OF MILK, AND CUT A SLICE AND ENJOY

Does the stone need to be sprayed with Pam or Baker's Joy or anything?

Sheila said:
Consider me your hospitality Director for the day. Now go tell your next 5 hosts that you've been given a challenge by your Director to try this new fun way of doing shows that's getting GREAT feedback from the hosts and guests ... don't ask ... tell them! :D

When you introduce it to the guests, tell them that you are going to be doing your show a little different than anything that they've probably ever seen before and that this is their opportunity to see, touch AND USE the tools so that they'll know which ones they really want. Then tell them that it's your theory that if they can't go home and REPEAT what they saw at today's show ... what was the point of being here? Then be quiet & look around the room for the heads to start to nod. Once you see some starting to agree, let them know which recipe(s) the host has chosen & invite them to go & wash their hands so that they can get started. If there's more than one recipe, whoever gets back to the table first gets to CHOOSE which recipe they do. I've literally had guests bolt from their chair & RUN to wash their hands. The reactions of the other guests when that happens is hilarious. LOL

You're awesome:D

dannyzmom said:
Does the stone need to be sprayed with Pam or Baker's Joy or anything?

I typically brush with some oil from the silicone brush.

1. What ingredients do I need to make a Chicken Broccoli Braid?

The main ingredients for a Chicken Broccoli Braid are cooked chicken, broccoli, shredded cheese, crescent roll dough, and seasonings. You can also add in other vegetables or protein of your choice.

2. How do I assemble the Chicken Broccoli Braid?

To assemble the Chicken Broccoli Braid, you will need to lay out the crescent roll dough in a rectangle shape on a baking sheet. Then, add the filling (cooked chicken, broccoli, cheese, and seasonings) on one side of the dough. Fold the other side of the dough over the filling and pinch the edges to seal it. Bake according to the recipe instructions.

3. Can I use frozen chicken and broccoli for this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen chicken and broccoli for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw and cook them before adding them to the braid. You can also use leftover cooked chicken and steamed broccoli for a quicker option.

4. How long does it take to bake the Chicken Broccoli Braid?

The baking time for a Chicken Broccoli Braid is usually around 25-30 minutes at 375°F. However, the baking time may vary depending on your oven and the size of your braid. Make sure to check the braid frequently and adjust the baking time accordingly.

5. Can I make the Chicken Broccoli Braid ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Chicken Broccoli Braid ahead of time. Assemble the braid and refrigerate it until you are ready to bake it. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the baking time if the braid is cold when you put it in the oven. Leftovers can also be stored in the refrigerator for a few days and reheated in the oven or microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• akay71
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • burd2swan
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • frozenchef