• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chicken Broccoli Braid Question

In summary, the recipe calls for chopped chicken, broccoli, red bell pepper, cheese, mayonnaise, and dill mix. Crescent rolls are unrolled and then the longest sides of the dough are arranged across the width of the pan and then the strips are cut into 1-1/2 inch intervals and 3 inches deep. The strips are then twisted one turn and then the braid is formed. The briad is then baked for 25-28 minutes.
tgardner92102
I have the recipe, but I don't have the large bar pan. Can this be made on the large pizza stone?
Also, I have never made this before. Are there any tips for doing the braid correctly?

I am doing this recipe at a show next week. The recipe I have is for an actual ring and not a braid. It may be different, it calls for Chicken, Brocolli, Mayo, Dill Mix, Red Bell Pepper, Salt and Garlic. You just make the "Ring" with cresent rolls. I don't have a bar pan either, I am making it on the Large Round Stone.

Any filling can be made into a ring, wreath, or braid.

Do you have the All the Best cookbook? That has instructions on technique for all three as well as pictures!

Chicken Broccoli Braid12 oz. cooked chicken, chopped (2 cups - about
3 cooked boneless skinless chicken breast halves)
1 C. broccoli, chopped
1/2 C. red bell pepper, chopped
1 clove garlic, pressed
4 oz. sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup)
1/2 C. mayonnaise
2 tsp. All-purpose Dill Mix (or 1 teaspoon dillweed)
1/4 tsp. salt
2 pkg. (8 oz. each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 egg white, lightly beaten
2 T. slivered almondsPreheat oven to 375ºF.Chop chicken and broccoli and place in bowl. Add chopped red bell pepper. Press garlic over mixture and shred cheese over mixture. Add mayonnaise, dill mix and salt. Mix well.Unroll package of crescent rolls. Do not separate. Arrange longest sides of dough across width of 12 x 15-inch pan and repeat with remaining package of dough. Roll out dough to seal perforations. On long side of pan, cut dough into strips 1 1/2 inches apart, 3 inches deep leaving approximately 6 inches in the center of dough for filling. Spread filling evenly over middle of dough.To braid: lift strips of dough across mixture to meet in center, twisting each strip one turn. Continue alternating strips to form braid. Tuck ends under to seal at ends. Brush egg white over dough and sprinkle with almonds. Baked 25-28 minutes or until deep golden brown.
I usually do rings, but the host requested the braid because she wants to know how to do it. Hard to show her if I don't know! LOL

No, I don't have that one, which is why I am in a pickle!

You can use any filling with any of the rings/briads or other shapes. The stoneware inspiration book has examples. You can do a briad on the pizza stone or just do a ring - they are both easy and because the crescent rolls rise, it looks very pretty no matter what. Make sure you remember the egg white. It's took crunchy and ugle without the egg white on top....BEE

As far as the braid there are so many different ways you can do it. They all look okay. So what ever you feel most comfortable with is what I would use.

To answer the question at the start of this thread...The braids and rings are suggested to be made on the flat stones (lg and med round and rectangle. While you can use bar pans to make these recipes, you do not need the bar pan for them.

Tricks? No. They are really easy, especially the braid. Just cut strips on the sides of the dough, put the filling down the center and criss cross the strips over the top. Brush with egg white or egg yolk and sprinkle nuts and/or cheese on top and bake!

They are always a hit!

Last edited:

1. How do I make the Chicken Broccoli Braid?

To make the Chicken Broccoli Braid, you will need 2 cups of cooked and diced chicken, 1 cup of cooked and chopped broccoli, 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup of mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, and 2 tubes of refrigerated crescent rolls. Preheat your oven to 375°F and mix the chicken, broccoli, cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Roll out the crescent rolls onto a baking sheet and place the chicken mixture in the center, then braid the dough over the filling. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

2. Can I use a different type of cheese for the Chicken Broccoli Braid?

Yes, you can use any type of cheese that you prefer. However, cheddar cheese tends to melt and hold its shape well, making it a popular choice for this recipe.

3. Can I add other ingredients to the Chicken Broccoli Braid?

Absolutely! You can add other ingredients such as diced onions, bell peppers, or even different types of meat like bacon or ham. Just make sure to cook any raw ingredients before adding them to the filling.

4. How do I store leftovers of the Chicken Broccoli Braid?

To store leftovers, let the braid cool completely and then wrap it tightly with plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container. It can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. To reheat, place it in the oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes or until warmed through.

5. Can I make the Chicken Broccoli Braid ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the braid ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to bake. However, the dough may become a bit soggy if left in the fridge for too long. It is best to bake the braid within 24 hours of assembling it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pampchef.angel
  • PamperedSheep
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
MartiMason
  • smspamperedchef