• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chicken Broccoli Braid Question

Jan 5, 2006
I have the recipe, but I don't have the large bar pan. Can this be made on the large pizza stone?
Also, I have never made this before. Are there any tips for doing the braid correctly?

feliciamck

Novice Member
Jan 19, 2006
I am doing this recipe at a show next week. The recipe I have is for an actual ring and not a braid. It may be different, it calls for Chicken, Brocolli, Mayo, Dill Mix, Red Bell Pepper, Salt and Garlic. You just make the "Ring" with cresent rolls. I don't have a bar pan either, I am making it on the Large Round Stone.

DebbieJ

Legend Member
Oct 6, 2005
Any filling can be made into a ring, wreath, or braid.

Do you have the All the Best cookbook? That has instructions on technique for all three as well as pictures!

Jan 5, 2006
Chicken Broccoli Braid

12 oz. cooked chicken, chopped (2 cups - about
3 cooked boneless skinless chicken breast halves)
1 C. broccoli, chopped
1/2 C. red bell pepper, chopped
1 clove garlic, pressed
4 oz. sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup)
1/2 C. mayonnaise
2 tsp. All-purpose Dill Mix (or 1 teaspoon dillweed)
1/4 tsp. salt
2 pkg. (8 oz. each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 egg white, lightly beaten
2 T. slivered almonds

Preheat oven to 375ºF.

Chop chicken and broccoli and place in bowl. Add chopped red bell pepper. Press garlic over mixture and shred cheese over mixture. Add mayonnaise, dill mix and salt. Mix well.

Unroll package of crescent rolls. Do not separate. Arrange longest sides of dough across width of 12 x 15-inch pan and repeat with remaining package of dough. Roll out dough to seal perforations. On long side of pan, cut dough into strips 1 1/2 inches apart, 3 inches deep leaving approximately 6 inches in the center of dough for filling. Spread filling evenly over middle of dough.

To braid: lift strips of dough across mixture to meet in center, twisting each strip one turn. Continue alternating strips to form braid. Tuck ends under to seal at ends. Brush egg white over dough and sprinkle with almonds. Baked 25-28 minutes or until deep golden brown.

I usually do rings, but the host requested the braid because she wants to know how to do it. Hard to show her if I don't know! LOL

beepampered

Veteran Member
Oct 22, 2005
You can use any filling with any of the rings/briads or other shapes. The stoneware inspiration book has examples. You can do a briad on the pizza stone or just do a ring - they are both easy and because the crescent rolls rise, it looks very pretty no matter what. Make sure you remember the egg white. It's took crunchy and ugle without the egg white on top....BEE

reesefamily5

Mar 27, 2005
As far as the braid there are so many different ways you can do it. They all look okay. So what ever you feel most comfortable with is what I would use.

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
To answer the question at the start of this thread...

The braids and rings are suggested to be made on the flat stones (lg and med round and rectangle. While you can use bar pans to make these recipes, you do not need the bar pan for them.

Tricks? No. They are really easy, especially the braid. Just cut strips on the sides of the dough, put the filling down the center and criss cross the strips over the top. Brush with egg white or egg yolk and sprinkle nuts and/or cheese on top and bake!

They are always a hit!

Last edited: