• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chicken Breasts/Salsa/Mixture in Dcb in Microwave???

In summary, you can use frozen chicken breasts in the DCB, but add extra cooking time. The cook time varies based on size and thickness. No need to marinate, as the salsa provides enough flavor. Any type of salsa can be used, but the flavor may differ. Other ingredients can be added to the salsa mixture for more flavor, such as onions, bell peppers, or corn.
accooks13
So ladies, I found this the other day looking for chicken recipes and ones I haven't used before. I thought it sounded somewhat similar to the Chicken Fajitas- obviously a bit different as our recipe calls for Peppers/Onions, etc.

RECIPE: In a crockpot put in 3-4 chicken breast, packet of taco seasoning, jar of salsa, can of black beans (drained) and a can of corn. Cook for a few hours until chicken is shreddable. Shred chicken in crock pot - mix up. Add 2 cups cheddar cheese and one brick of cream cheese. Cook for about another hour - blend well. Serve over rice or with tortillas. Yummy

Well, question is - what do you think about putting this all together and rather than putting it in crockpot, putting it in DCB, in microwave, would it still be @ 12-15 mins. for 3-4 breasts?

Thanks, happy cooking = yummy dinners = happy families!

I am curious about this too? Sounds good.If you try it please let us know :)

Absolutely. You could also do it in the 12" skillet. I actually make a dish similar (chicken, salsa, refried beans, cheddar cheese, and cheesy rice), mix and cook in skillet until hot. Serve on tortillas or as a dip.

Reading your recipe again, it sounds very much like the family burrito bake with chicken instead of ground beef. DCB is definitely do-able.

1. Can I use frozen chicken breasts in the DCB?

Yes, you can use frozen chicken breasts in the DCB. Just make sure to add a few extra minutes to the cooking time to ensure they are fully cooked through.

2. How long do I cook the chicken breasts in the DCB?

The cooking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of the chicken breasts. As a general rule, cook them for 10-12 minutes on high power, then check for doneness and add more time if needed.

3. Do I need to marinate the chicken breasts before cooking them in the DCB?

No, you do not need to marinate the chicken breasts before cooking them in the DCB. The salsa mixture will provide plenty of flavor and moisture while cooking.

4. Can I use a different type of salsa in this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of salsa that you prefer. Just keep in mind that the flavor and spiciness may vary depending on the type of salsa you use.

5. Can I add other ingredients to the salsa mixture for more flavor?

Absolutely! Feel free to add in other ingredients such as diced onions, bell peppers, or even some corn for added flavor and texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• donnathepamperedchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
  • stephanieboyd
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jori-sc
  • brandikpc