• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the recipe for a Chicken and Broccoli Braid fundraiser dish?

In summary, the conversation discussed a recipe for a chicken and broccoli braid that will be made at a fundraiser show on Friday. The recipe was found in a cookbook and the person wanted to post it on their website for guests to access. Another person suggested searching for it in the files section. The recipe was then provided, which includes cooked chicken, broccoli, red bell pepper, garlic, Cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, dill mix, salt, and crescent rolls. The instructions for making the braid were also given.
PamperedSheep
I am fixing the chicken and broccoli braid at a fundraiser show on Friday. I have the recipe as it is in the Main dishes cookbook I have. I am wanting to post it to my website, so guest will go to my website and print it out, ;). Before I sit down and type it all in, do any of you already have it typed? I searched the message boards, but could not find the exact recipe. TIA!

:chef:

There should be some in the files section if you search Broccoli.

(I hate to re-type too!)

Chicken Broccoli Braid
Source: Spring/Summer 1999 Season's Best Recipe Collection - Pampered Chef
12 oz. cooked chicken, chopped (2 cups - about
3 cooked boneless skinless chicken breast halves)
1 C. broccoli, chopped
1/2 C. red bell pepper, chopped
1 clove garlic, pressed
4 oz. sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup)
1/2 C. mayonnaise
2 tsp. All-purpose Dill Mix (or 1 teaspoon dillweed)
1/4 tsp. salt
2 pkg. (8 oz. each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 egg white, lightly beaten
2 T. slivered almonds
Preheat oven to 375ºF.
Chop chicken and broccoli and place in bowl. Add chopped red bell pepper. Press garlic over mixture and shred cheese over mixture. Add mayonnaise, dill mix and salt. Mix well.
Unroll package of crescent rolls. Do not separate. Arrange longest sides of dough across width of 12 x 15-inch pan and repeat with remaining package of dough. Roll out dough to seal perforations. On long side of pan, cut dough into strips 1 1/2 inches apart, 3 inches deep leaving approximately 6 inches in the center of dough for filling. Spread filling evenly over middle of dough.
To braid: lift strips of dough across mixture to meet in center, twisting each strip one turn. Continue alternating strips to form braid. Tuck ends under to seal at ends. Brush egg white over dough and sprinkle with almonds. Baked 25-28 minutes or until deep golden brown.

1. What is a Chicken and Broccoli Braid?

A Chicken and Broccoli Braid is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for busy weeknights. It consists of a flaky crescent roll dough filled with cooked chicken, broccoli, and a creamy sauce, then braided and baked to perfection.

2. How do I make a Chicken and Broccoli Braid?

To make a Chicken and Broccoli Braid, first preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, unroll a can of crescent roll dough onto a baking sheet and press the seams together to create one large sheet. In a separate bowl, mix together cooked and shredded chicken, cooked broccoli, and a mixture of cream cheese, mayonnaise, and seasonings. Spread the mixture onto the center of the crescent roll dough, leaving a border around the edges. Cut slits on each side of the dough and fold them over the filling to create a braided effect. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.

3. Can I use frozen broccoli for the Chicken and Broccoli Braid?

Yes, you can use frozen broccoli for this recipe. Simply thaw and drain the broccoli before adding it to the filling mixture.

4. How can I make a vegetarian version of the Chicken and Broccoli Braid?

To make a vegetarian version, you can substitute the chicken with extra broccoli or other vegetables such as bell peppers, mushrooms, or onions. You can also add some shredded cheese to the filling for extra flavor.

5. Can I make the Chicken and Broccoli Braid ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the Chicken and Broccoli Braid ahead of time and refrigerate it until ready to bake. Simply cover it with plastic wrap and store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours. When ready to bake, remove the plastic wrap and follow the baking instructions as usual.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pampchef.angel
Replies
Views
Staci
  • its_me_susan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies