• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chicaaago, Chicaaaago....conference!

In summary, to find affordable flights to the Pampered Chef Chicago conference, check with Southwest airlines for deals. The conference is usually held in the summer, and you can find the exact dates and location on the Pampered Chef website or through your director. The conference is a fun and informative event for all consultants, regardless of experience level, with workshops, presentations, and product demonstrations. You can register for the conference through the Pampered Chef website or your director.
Kelley Sells
Okay, I'm a newbie, but today my director called and they had flights for 45.00 each way from Boston to Chicago....I wasn't going to go and was kind of bummed as I know it would be a good time, but I'm GOOOIIINNNGGGG!!!!!!!
Woo Hoo....I can't wait, sounds like it should be a fun time.....

So all of you out there, check out Southwest airlines for deals on airfare if your looking to go....

See ya'll there..... :D :p :eek:

That's awesome!!! I've heard there are really good airfares from CA too. I'm already getting excited for conference!!! :D

I would love to go to conference this year I missed last year due to finances and I will miss out this year due to being 8 1/2 months pregnant so I am bummed

Southwest Airlines, Just a head's up!My director and a lot of other members of our cluster sat in the airport in Chicago for about 13 hours last summer due to Southwest Airlines double booking ALL their flights! :eek: I'd be careful of booking flights with them. One member of our cluster had cancer (she died in September) and was confined to a wheelchair and they still wouldn't put her on a flight home!

Just wanted to give everyone a head's up!

Yep, I was one of those people who sat and sat and sat in the airport, it was hot and crowded, hey...at least I had a great time at conference and I got 3 catalog shows because we were all crammed together and had nothing else to do but chat with other ticked of people!

Yay for Conference!Hey, maybe we can meet up at conference! I live near St Louis so I am definitely going to try to make it! It would be silly for me not to go! Anyone that's going and wants to get in touch, email me!

~Kristen :)

wish i could goit sucks that i can't go...it will cost over $700 for me to attend. I wish there was some way around it because i so badly want to go...i missed out on it last year and don't want to miss out on it again.

Aww, I'm sorry!Tiffany, is there anyway for you to get a cheap flight to Atlanta? I know we got a flight from Atlanta to St Louis for cheap and me and a couple people from here are carpooling from the St Louis area and would be glad to take anyone else that wants to go! Email me if you are interested!

~Kristen

tiffanypc05 said:
it sucks that i can't go...it will cost over $700 for me to attend. I wish there was some way around it because i so badly want to go...i missed out on it last year and don't want to miss out on it again.

Tiffany-just like our business...when the cost of conference is broken down into little chunks, it is more attainable. You can sign up to have the early bird registration fee taken out little by little out of your commission (even after conference if need be, that's what happened with me last year, I didn't have enough shows before conference...they were taking out money until October!). The hotel is really only about a total of $80-$90 when you split the room with 4 people and I am betting you can find flights for around $200 if you were to book now. Plus, remember that all of the expenses for the trip are tax deductible (including food, taxi...all of it). You will also probably find that you will make the money back in spades because of all of the great things you will learn.

Kristen- I almost drove up last year, but with the gas prices and parking I saved over $150 by flying. I guess if you split the cost by carpooling it won't be as bad plus you will have a great time on the drive up...now that I think about it I am kind of jealous.

Hi there! Where in S.C. do you live? Is it close enough to drive to Atlanta. Airfare from Atlanta to Chicago is currently at about $278.00 for flights leaving on July 12 and returning on July 16. However, we in Atlanta know it always goes down as that is the regular price. I think we will see better deals sometime in April or May. When it comes to travel, a little patience can save you a lot of money. I personally look at the prices every day because you never know when a sale will come right in and go right out. If you can come to Atlanta, I recommend keeping your eye on Delta and Airtran.

Our group likes to fly in a day early and leave the day after conference ends so we are there for four nights. However, you could try and go the morning of conference and leave the day it ends. That will save you two nights hotel.

Please let me know if you would like for me to let you know if I see any airfare specials.

TipMy husband works in the military flights section of the base and he told me that the people in civilian travel told him to check flight prices late Wednesday night or early Thursday morning. He said the airlines update their flight prices on Wednesday nights. Not sure if that's true or not since I haven't checked it, but its worth a try!

~Kristen ;)

...if you find a cheap flight let me know...right now the cheapest ticket i can find is $313. From what my director tells me is that they can take money out of your paycheck each time but if you owe anything more she said it gets taken out of your next paycheck. it will cost about 43.00 every paycheck just to pay for conference and i just started selling full time so i depend on this money now...my director also said to count on 40 to 50 per night with 4 people to a room, and she said to count on paying for 4-5 meals. i really really want to go...if i don't get to go to national conference, i will definately go ahead and sign up for them to take money out of my paycheck for leadership conference...since i will promoting to future director as of april 1st...yay...i guess as conference gets closer we may be able to get a better deal and see how much it will definately cost to get a hotel room....anyways...if anyone sees cheap flights let me know....thanks so much....btw...do most people stay in the conference hotel?

tiffanypc05 said:
if you find a cheap flight let me know...right now the cheapest ticket i can find is $313. From what my director tells me is that they can take money out of your paycheck each time but if you owe anything more she said it gets taken out of your next paycheck. it will cost about 43.00 every paycheck just to pay for conference and i just started selling full time so i depend on this money now...my director also said to count on 40 to 50 per night with 4 people to a room, and she said to count on paying for 4-5 meals. i really really want to go...if i don't get to go to national conference, i will definately go ahead and sign up for them to take money out of my paycheck for leadership conference...since i will promoting to future director as of april 1st...yay...i guess as conference gets closer we may be able to get a better deal and see how much it will definately cost to get a hotel room....anyways...if anyone sees cheap flights let me know....thanks so much....btw...do most people stay in the conference hotel?

Hey, just went onto travelocity and found a flight for $180 roundtrip from Charlotte, NC...don't know how far you are from Charlotte but it might work? And, I believe that most people do stay in a conference hotel as they are pretty cheap and the shuttles to the convention center board at the conference hotel. You don't have to pay for the shuttle buses whereas if you stayed somewhere else you would have to find a way to get to the conference hotel or the convention center and would most likely have to pay for a taxi.

Would love to meet new folks!!!:D I'd love to meet up......we are coming in on the 16th (a day early) and leaving on the 20th, a day later....so that we can see some of the town...

Of course, do I know where I'm staying :rolleyes: NO.....LOL.....but email me at [email protected] and I'd be glad to start making plans for all of us Cheffsuccess folks to meet....:D

I'm so excited....I have only flown through Chicago, so I'm pretty psyched to see a new city.....and meet new folks, and see new stuff....

I live outside of Chicago, and you really must schedule some time to see the sights, and so much of the city you can see for free. Make sure you see Buckingham Fountain in Grant Park AFTER sunset. It is the place my husband and I fell in love- BEAUTIFUL. Navy Pier is also a must, and of course, shopping on Michigan Avenue, The Magnificent Mile. There is a free trolley, that will take you from place to place.

Thank you....Thank you for the info....I will write those down....I can't wait....any great Jazz Joints you can recommend? And I'm sure the ladies would be into a Karaoke location too.....I know we are staying close to where ever the convention is, I just paid and am tagging along....:D with no complaints...LOL

Kelley Sells said:
Thank you for the info....I will write those down....I can't wait....any great Jazz Joints you can recommend? And I'm sure the ladies would be into a Karaoke location too.....I know we are staying close to where ever the convention is, I just paid and am tagging along....:D with no complaints...LOL

OMG...we went to the best place last year, Howl at the Moon. Two dueling piano's. We went on a Wednesday night and it was standing room only, one of the best times I have ever had! Plus our table won the "craziest table" contest and got a free Long Island Iced Tea in a 1 gallon bucket! Gone in 5 seconds flat.

So excited!!!This will be my first conference(missed last year due to my son being born!) but I'm so looking forward to it!! I live right outside the city in Indiana, and am planning on just commuting back and forth for the 3 days! I'm sure I'll be questioning that with the Dan Ryan construction that's about to start, but... :) I'm in 3rd wave, and would love to plan to meet up with whoever wants to!! Email me at [email protected]

Cheryl, where do you live? I am in Lombard, but we have a weekend home near Crown Point

I live in Lake Station, which is on the eastern edge of Lake County, but I grew up in Munster, which is on the western edge of Lake County! Where near CP do you have your weekend home?? Winfield area?

at Cedar Lake Bible Conference. We have a year-round cottage (actually house) there. Most of the cottages are just seasonal, but we were blessed to find a year-round one. It only takes us an hour to get there on Friday evening, but we feel so far away from the hustle-bustle of city life. It is wonderful. I schedule Cedar Lake shows on the weekends. It is working wonderfully !!!

That's so cool!! I know what you mean about the hustle/bustle of the city. I love Chicago, don't get me wrong, but I love my non-city living much more!! And that's so awesome about only being an hour away- Cedar Lake always seems to me that it's so far away(even though it's not at all far!)

can't believe i didn't think of this earlierI just cannot believe I never thought about this before...I really want to go to conference as most of you know b/c of my posts on here...well anyways....found a flight for $180 and was still worried about not being about to come up with the moey until my director gave me this idea this morning....See i've been on the ball recruiting...recruited one about 3 weeks ago, one last week, and one this week...and when they qualify as most of you know I will receive $50 pampered chef dollars...that's $150....i can use that for conference...yay...and if i can just get one more recruit in there that will be another $100...yay...I'm so excited about this...I don't think anything could have made me more happier today!!! So now all i will have to pay for is the flight, food, and hotel....sorry i've written so much but i just can't help myself!!!!!!

Yay!!! Tiffany is going to conference!!!

:D :D :D :D

You are going now right?

yes...yes...yeslet's all pray and make sure nothing doesn't change and make sure all my recruits get qualified by conference.....I believe my cluster will also be driving to charlotte with me....you can't beat 180...so yay...I'm just so excited...

southshore train?
clpopiela said:
This will be my first conference(missed last year due to my son being born!) but I'm so looking forward to it!! I live right outside the city in Indiana, and am planning on just commuting back and forth for the 3 days! I'm sure I'll be questioning that with the Dan Ryan construction that's about to start, but... :) I'm in 3rd wave, and would love to plan to meet up with whoever wants to!! Email me at [email protected]

I know it will cost a little more, but is there anyone you can room with? You could take the South Shore downtown (I've been doing that for the past 4 years) and walk (or taxi) to your hotel. I just hate thinking of you sitting in that awful traffic. . .and having to leave early to get to those first classes on Tuesday and Wednesday. Also, conference is exhausting. It would be so much nicer to catch the shuttle bus back to your room and collapse.

Just a thought.

thanks!Unfortunately, I can't justify to my dh that staying in a hotel is affordable. :( We are already going to have to pay for someone to babysit during those three days, because he can't get off work. I'm definitely considering the train even though South Shore is known to give their riders late passes for work because they run late so often!! :) My other option is crashing at my brother's apartment in Boystown for the three days and then just taking the el down to McCormick Place. Thank you for the info though- I didn't think about the South Shore! :)

Commuting??WOW, you are a brave woman!!

How much in gas money are you going to spend?? :eek: How much time are you going to spend commuting?? :eek:

There are always people looking for room mates, this way you can split the bill 4 ways! It is usually $160-$180 for a conference hotel per night. I would really rethink communting.:confused:

Plus, you will build some great relationships with your roommates! And of course, if you are driving back and forth you will miss all of the great networking. I believe the networking is one of the best parts about conference!!!:D

fruit76loop said:
WOW, you are a brave woman!!

How much in gas money are you going to spend?? :eek: How much time are you going to spend commuting?? :eek:

There are always people looking for room mates, this way you can split the bill 4 ways! It is usually $160-$180 for a conference hotel per night. I would really rethink communting.:confused:

Plus, you will build some great relationships with your roommates! And of course, if you are driving back and forth you will miss all of the great networking. I believe the networking is one of the best parts about conference!!!:D

For gas, I'm looking at spending $50 for the 3 days, commuting, depends on if I stay with my brother. If I stay with him, 20 minutes each way because of the el train. If I commute in from Indiana, depends on how bad the construction is- probably about an hour each way. Luckily I'll be traveling during non rush hours, so it'll be the hour, instead of 2 1/2 (yes, I live 28 miles from downtown Chicago, and it can take 2 1/2 hours!) Parking, I'll be parking in Soldier Field's lots, so that'll probably be about $50 for the 3 days as well. I think what I'm leaning toward is staying with my brother- I can still "stay out late" (jeez, how much of a mom am I??) yet still save some money! I don't want my dh to say, either you can go to conference, or you can stay in a conference hotel!! (he's supportive, we just can't afford both!!)

How much does it cost to attend conference? I just started with PC (just finished my SS1 month) I really want to go to conference, but not sure what the cost is and if I could afford it....

last year you could park at the HO and take a shuttle. Is that available this year? that would save you parking fees.

venus909 said:
How much does it cost to attend conference? I just started with PC (just finished my SS1 month) I really want to go to conference, but not sure what the cost is and if I could afford it....
The fee for conference by itself is $175, BUT you can join Conference Club and they'll take a little out of each paycheck to make it more manageable. Then you don't have one big lump sum to pay at registration.

Conference hotels are what Marlene said above, but you can usually split that 4 ways, so it's not too bad. Some meals aren't included, but it's SO fun to go out with other consultants to area restaurants. I think conference is WAY worth it if you can afford it. You gain so much that it's hard to put into words.:D This will be my 4th one and I can't wait!!

Hotels....Well, I went out to look at what the Palmer House Hilton normally gets a night....Woo Hoo....319.00 for the double w/2 baths...a NIGHT....okay, it doesn't sound like alot, but for 2 double beds, maybe a semi-suite...but it is a basic hotel room....SOOOO my point is when you go online through CC it is what 175 a night? That is AWESOME.....you go PC....always looking out for us....and at great hotels too...:D PAMPER ME.....

I am psyched.....it is my 1st....but I am looking forward to meeting other consultants, taking classes, and the infamous mystery bags.....

But I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you kind folk out there....it would be great to put faces with names.....

Make sure we all have name tags and put our "handles" on them too.....LOL...that way we KNOW.....maybe each wave could do a Chef Success night or afternoon or breakfast.....what do you think.....

Psssst! Kelly - there's a forum for the conference. See you over there?

For those of you expecting to take the South Shore to McCormick Place -- better check their schedule. As far as I know, it does NOT stop at McCormick during the weekdays, only on weekends....I live in Valpo and am staying in Chicago for the sanity of it all....:rolleyes:

Janice,

That's correct. South Shore only stops at McCormick (at least per the schedule) on Saturday, Sunday and Holidays.

Someone mentioned parking at the hotel and taking the shuttle bus from the McCormick (for commuters). I don't think you'll save any money on parking. They won't let you park at the hotel for free and if you aren't a guest, they may not allow you to park there at all.

Jeanine,

If you're thinking of Amtrak to Union Station, you'll find the cab ride from the station to McCormick Place will be about $10. If you belong to AAA, there is a discount on Amtrak tickets.

It's still easier than driving downtown and cheaper than parking fees - not to mention being dropped off right at the door.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Jeanine,

If you're thinking of Amtrak to Union Station, you'll find the cab ride from the station to McCormick Place will be about $10. If you belong to AAA, there is a discount on Amtrak tickets.

It's still easier than driving downtown and cheaper than parking fees - not to mention being dropped off right at the door.

Nope, I was just agreeing with Janice that the South Shore does not stop at McCormick during the week.

I take the South Shore into Chicago and stay in town for the conference. South Shore is much cheaper (perhaps a bit slower) than Amtrak.

As to parking, I would advise commuters to park at McCormick.

1. How can I find affordable flights to the Pampered Chef Chicaaago, Chicaaaago conference?

You can check with Southwest airlines for deals on airfare. They often have great prices for flights to Chicago.

2. When and where is the Pampered Chef conference in Chicago taking place?

The conference will be held in Chicago on a specific date, usually in the summer. Check with your director or the Pampered Chef website for exact dates and location.

3. What should I expect at the Pampered Chef conference in Chicago?

The conference is a fun and informative event for consultants to network, learn new skills, and get inspired. There will be workshops, presentations, and product demonstrations, as well as opportunities to socialize and have fun with other consultants.

4. Do I have to be an experienced consultant to attend the Pampered Chef conference in Chicago?

No, the conference is open to all consultants, including newbies. It's a great opportunity to learn and grow in your business, no matter what level you are at.

5. How do I register for the Pampered Chef conference in Chicago?

You can register for the conference through the Pampered Chef website or through your director. Make sure to register early to secure your spot and take advantage of any early bird discounts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCCHeather0506
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • ChefMary412
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • skaugchef