• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is the Recipe for a Braided Cherry Pie with Cream Cheese and Icing?

In summary, to make a homemade cherry pie filling, you will need 4 cups of pitted cherries, 1 cup of sugar, 1/4 cup of cornstarch, 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract, and a pinch of salt. You can also use frozen cherries, but make sure to thaw and drain them before using. To prevent a runny filling, use the correct proportions of ingredients and let it cool completely. Other types of fruit can also be used with adjustments, and leftover filling can be stored for 3-4 days in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer.
tabnat80
Gold Member
I have a customer who was asking me about a recipe that she had years ago at a party. I told her I would try to find out what the recipe was. Here's the info i've got so far. She said it had cherry pie filling, cream cheese and icing on top. She said that she thought it was made like a braid. Any ideas what the recipe is???

Cherry Cheese Coffee Cake, but I forget which cookbook it's in.

All the best. I'll look for it now.

Here ya go! I believe in the ATB cookbook, they have it as a peachy coffee cake but you can use whatever pie filling you want.

Attachments

• Cherry Cheese Coffee Cake.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 340
I found it. It's in the favorites. Thanks!

This is SOOOOOOOOO good! Make sure you use the almond extract if you use cherry pie filling...they taste so good together!

She said it had some kind of icing on top. Any idea what the consultant might have used? I was thinking maybe powered sugar and milk....?

Yep- that would be what I'd use.

1. How do I make a homemade cherry pie filling?

To make a homemade cherry pie filling, you will need 4 cups of pitted cherries, 1 cup of sugar, 1/4 cup of cornstarch, 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract, and a pinch of salt. In a saucepan, mix the cherries, sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and the cherries release their juices. Remove from heat and stir in the almond extract. Let the filling cool before using it in your pie crust.

2. Can I use frozen cherries for my pie filling?

Yes, you can use frozen cherries for your pie filling. Just make sure to thaw them completely and drain any excess liquid before using them in your pie. You may also need to adjust the sugar and cornstarch measurements, as frozen cherries tend to be more watery than fresh ones.

3. How do I prevent my cherry pie filling from being runny?

To prevent your cherry pie filling from being runny, make sure to use the correct proportions of cherries, sugar, and cornstarch. You can also add a tablespoon of lemon juice to help the filling thicken. It's also important to let the filling cool completely before using it in your pie crust, as it will continue to thicken as it cools.

4. Can I use other types of fruit for my pie filling?

Yes, you can use other types of fruit for your pie filling, such as apples, peaches, or blueberries. Just make sure to adjust the sugar and cornstarch measurements accordingly. You can also mix different types of fruit together for a delicious mixed fruit pie filling.

5. How long can I store leftover cherry pie filling?

You can store leftover cherry pie filling in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. You can also freeze it for longer storage, for up to 6 months. Just make sure to thaw it completely before using it in your pie crust.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mheat923
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • tahodgin
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • NinaPChef