• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cherry Cordial Torte: An Easy & Beautiful Baking Adventure!

In summary, the torte layers are made by spraying the torte pan with nonstick cooking spray with flour, then placing the brownie mix in the pan and baking it. The cherry filling is made by pouring two cans of cherry pie filling into a container, thawing the whipped topping, and adding the almond extract. The toasted almonds are optional, but recommended.
leftymac
Some of you may know that every Sunday I bake something to take into work the next day. Seeing as my torte pans just arrived in the mail yesterday, I was really excited to make the Cherry Cordial Torte!

I loved how easy it was -- especially that the brownies were so easy to remove from the torte pan!

What I love best though is how beautiful it looks! I definitely think it is the prettiest thing I have made!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 475
Looks good even though I don't like cherries! Now you have to try the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte!

I would like to make that one, but I wonder how good it will be the next day? I thought it was only good if it was warm and kinda melty. Someone made it for our cluster meeting and it was really dry, but I think she made it wrong. ;)

leftymac said:
I would like to make that one, but I wonder how good it will be the next day? I thought it was only good if it was warm and kinda melty. Someone made it for our cluster meeting and it was really dry, but I think she made it wrong. ;)

It's almost better the next day in my opinion! The chocolate and such sets up and it's crunchy.

wadesgirl said:
It's almost better the next day in my opinion! The chocolate and such sets up and it's crunchy.

I may have to try that next, then. Though then my coworkers might complain b/c I just took in the PB Cup trifle! :)

I want more torte pan recipes..I thought the holiday desserts cookbook had more, but they're all for the springform pan it seems.

Do a search in the file section, there are plenty in there. Also in last fall/winter SB, there is a chocolate mint torte that is really good too.

leftymac said:

I didn't like that one either.

Look in CC - ss/07 - there was a tropical one that was pretty good.

I made this cherry one for Thanksgiving and it was a huge hit. I'm doing it for a show on Thursday.

leftymac said:
I may have to try that next, then. Though then my coworkers might complain b/c I just took in the PB Cup trifle! :)

I want more torte pan recipes..I thought the holiday desserts cookbook had more, but they're all for the springform pan it seems.

Id did the same thing!! thats why i got the tort pans.. now i need the springfoam

There is an Island Breeze Rum Cake from last season (or last year). It was in the S/S Season's Best cookbook. It is sooooo good! The cake itself is devine!

That looks so yummy...thanks, now I have to buy the torte pan, too. If you ever get bored with bringing anything to your job, just drive up to my house and drop off your treats!!! ot,it also looks like we have similar granite countertops!

pamperedbybarbara said:
That looks so yummy...thanks, now I have to buy the torte pan, too. If you ever get bored with bringing anything to your job, just drive up to my house and drop off your treats!!! ot,it also looks like we have similar granite countertops!

Well, I'll be spending a week in NJ after Christmas. I could! ;)

you are more than wlecome to come by...but your admission to my house would be that cherry torte and your humor,too!!! lol. Where will you be in NJ?? would love to meet you in person. I read alot of your posts and tend to agree with you quite often.:blushing:

The mint cake in the FW 2007 Season's Best is really good.

Where do I find this recipe?
Can someone list it ?

LUPE said:
Can someone list it ?

It's in the Festive Holiday Desserts Cookbook. I don't have it typed up, unfortunately.

LUPE said:
Can someone list it ?

Here you go...

Cherry Cordial Torte

The filling is this mouth-watering cake is reminiscent of chocolate-covered cherry cordial candies.

Torte Layers
Nonstick cooking spray with flour
1 pkg (18-21 oz or 450 g) traditional or chewy brownie mix
3 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water

Filling and Garnish
2 cans (21 oz or 540 ml each) cherry pie filling, divided
1 container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed (3 cups/750 mL)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 bars (1.45 oz/41 g each) dark chocolate candy, coarsely chopped
1 tsp almond extract
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
additional powdered sugar for garnish (optional)

Prep time: 35 minutes Total time: 50 - 60 minutes

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray Torte Pans with nonstick cooking spray with flour. Place 8 inch circles of Parchment Paper over centers of pans; set aside. For torte layers, in Stainless (4 qt) Mixing Bowl, combine brownie mix, eggs, oil and water; mix well. Divide batter between pans, spreading to edges. Bake 10-12 minutes or until centers feel firm to the touch. Remove pans from oven to Stackable Cooking Rack; cool in pans 5 minutes. Invert brownies onto cooling rack and cool completely.

2. Meanwhile, for filling, strain one can of the cherry filling in Small Colander to remove and discard glaze; place cherries into Classic Batter Bowl. Fold in whipped topping, sugar, chocolate and almond extract.

3. To assemble torte, transfer one brownie well-side up to Simple Additions Large Round Platter. Spread filling into brownie well. Place top brownie layer well-side up over filling. Using Slotted Spoon, spoon second can of cherry pie filling into well of brownie, straining out about 1/4 cup of the glaze. Spread pie filling over well, leaving a 1 inch border around edge of well. Sprinkle toasted almonds into border. Sprinkle additional powdered sugar over almonds, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Yield: 16 servings

Chef's Corner

For the filling in this recipe, the Small Colander and Small Colander Bowl are used to easily strain off excess glaze from the cherry pie filling.

For best results, do not use brownie mixes containing chocolate morsels or chunks, as these will cause sticking.

If you don't have nonstick cooking spray containing flour, brush Torte Pans with melted butter, then sprinkle with unsweetened cocoa powder. Tap out excess cocoa powder.

To toast almonds, place in Small Micro-Cooker. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute, 30 seconds to 2 minutes, 30 seconds, stirring after each 30 second interval, until lightly toasted.

Glad it turned out. I was planning to make it for a Christmas party in a couple weeks. I wish I didn't have to wait that long to eat some, though.

Do you guys have any tips for placing the 2nd torte layer on top of the first one? When I have tried it worked one time, the other times it has broken in the middle. I think there must be an easy way I just haven't figured it out yet.thanks.

bet your co-workers love you :) How nice to bring something in every Monday :)

aksusan said:
Do you guys have any tips for placing the 2nd torte layer on top of the first one? When I have tried it worked one time, the other times it has broken in the middle. I think there must be an easy way I just haven't figured it out yet.

thanks.

The way I do it - I take the bottom layer right from the torte pan onto the platter - put the filling on and then take the top layer directly from the torte pan on top of the filling. I've had good luck the couple of times I've done it. It's certainly a pretty and delicious dessert!

I'm loving this dessert too. I made it for turkey day & it was easy to make pretty:thumbup: Very yummy too!

aksusan said:
Do you guys have any tips for placing the 2nd torte layer on top of the first one? When I have tried it worked one time, the other times it has broken in the middle. I think there must be an easy way I just haven't figured it out yet.

thanks.

Not any help if you don't have one, but the lift and serve works GREAT for this. One of those things that make you go HUH? LIke when they came out with the coffee scoop/clip the season they discontinued the coffee, they discontinued the lift and serve when they came out with the torte pans!

aksusan said:

thanks.

I slide the layers off the cooling rack right onto the platter or bottom layer. It allows me to cool the layers on the rack, and since they've been flipped out of the pans, they're rightside up. You just need to be sure to put the rack way low near the plate or other layer, so that the cake slides off and right onto it's spot. If it has to go down a "step", it'll crack.

1. What is the recipe for the Cherry Cordial Torte?

The recipe for the Cherry Cordial Torte can be found on the Pampered Chef website or in the recipe book provided with the product. It requires a chocolate cake mix, cherry pie filling, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and whipped topping.

2. How difficult is it to make the Cherry Cordial Torte?

The Cherry Cordial Torte is an easy and beautiful baking adventure that can be enjoyed by both beginner and experienced bakers. The recipe is simple and easy to follow, and the torte can be assembled in just a few steps.

3. Can I use a different type of cake mix for the Cherry Cordial Torte?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate cake mix for the Cherry Cordial Torte. However, we recommend using a moist and rich cake mix for the best results.

4. Can I substitute the cherry pie filling with a different fruit?

Yes, you can substitute the cherry pie filling with any other fruit filling of your choice. Some popular options include raspberry, blueberry, or peach. You can also use fresh fruits instead of canned pie filling.

5. How long does the Cherry Cordial Torte need to chill before serving?

The Cherry Cordial Torte should be chilled for at least 4 hours before serving. This allows the flavors to fully develop and the torte to set properly. However, for the best results, we recommend chilling it overnight.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• spoiledchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • Jennie50
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jennie50
  • its_me_susan