• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Cherry Cheese Turnovers Recipe | Easy Pampered Chef Party Dessert

D
DizziePixie
Hey Guys and Gals,
I have a customer looking for Cherry Cheese Coffee Cake recipe she got at a Pampered Chef party "a long time ago." It sounds pretty darn good, but all I can find is Cherry Cheese Turnovers. Here's that recipe so you didn't waste your time coming to this thread, even if you don't have the recipe I'm looking for! :D

Cherry Cheese Turnovers
Ingredients:
1/4 cup (2 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup cherry pie filling
1 package (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon sliced almonds, chopped

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In Small Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese and cherry pie filling.

2. Unroll crescent roll dough; roll out dough to 8 x 15-inch rectangle using Baker's Roller™. Cut 8 circles using Cut-N-Seal™.

3. Place 2 teaspoons cherry mixture in center of each circle. Fold dough in half, matching edges; seal with Cut-N-Seal™. Place on flat Baking Stone. Brush each turnover with egg white using Pastry Brush. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake 15-17 minutes or until light golden brown.

Yield: 8 turnovers

I know there is a Peach Creamy Cheesey type Coffee Cake in the All The Best I think and it gives a variation for cherry. I will look tonight to see if it is what you are looking for.

The Cherry Cheese Coffee Cake was in the Classics cookbook. I love this recipe...actually I love this whole cookbook and don't know why the got rid of it. Here is the recipe.

Coffee Cake and Filling

2 packages (8 oz. each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling

Glaze

1/2 cup powdered sugar
2-3 teaspoons milk

Preheat oven to 350. Unroll crescent dough. Separate into 16 triangles, jreserving 4 triangles for decoration. On Large Round Stone, arrange 12 triangles in a circle with the wide ends toward the outside edge of stone and points toward the center. (Points will not meet) Using lightly floured Dough Roller, roll dough to 14-inch circle, pressing seams together to seal and leaving a 3-inch hole in the center.

For filling, in Classic Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, egg and vanilla; mix until smooth using Classic Scraper. Spread cream cheese mixture over dough to within 1/2 inch of edges; top with pie filling.

Using Pizza Cutter, cut each remaining triangle into thirds starting at the wide end opposite the point and cutting lengthwise to the point. Arrange dough strips evenly in spoke-like fashion over filling. Press ends to seal at center and outer edges.

Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown; cool slightly. For glaze, mix powdered sugar and milk until smooth; drizzle over coffee cake using V-Shaped Cutter. Cut into 12 pieces and serve warm using Mini-Serving Spatula. Yield: 12 servings

Yep- that's the one! You can change up the flavor of the pie filling to whatever you like!

This always goes over SUPER at shows and it's a great demo recipe!

I haven't done it in awhile, but it's a great one!

Thanks, Shawnna!!!!!

This is so pretty when you use the lift & serve to place the cake on the round platter. The white platter really makes a nice backdrop for whatever kind of fruit filling you put on the rolls.

Thanks for sharing! I have never tried those but they sound yummy!!!

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Cherry Cheese Turnovers?

You will need cream cheese, cherry pie filling, refrigerated crescent rolls, egg white, and sliced almonds.

2. Can I use a different type of pie filling for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of pie filling that you prefer, such as apple, blueberry, or peach.

3. How do I make the turnover dough?

The dough is made by rolling out refrigerated crescent roll dough into a rectangle and cutting out circles using a Cut-N-Seal tool.

4. How many turnovers does this recipe yield?

This recipe yields 8 turnovers.

5. Can I make these turnovers ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the turnovers and refrigerate them for up to 1 day before baking. Just make sure to brush the egg white and sprinkle the almonds before baking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
babywings76