• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I still purchase Chef's Tools on Stop Sell?

In summary, a supplier for Chef's Tools has unexpectedly gone bankrupt, causing their products to be discontinued and placed on stop sell. New nylon tools will be offered for individual sale and a catalog insert will be available for customers. The Chef's Tools Ladle, Skimmer, and Strainers are still available for purchase. The company is working to secure new manufacturers for the affected products.
NooraK
Gold Member
Just got the following email:

Dear Consultants,

I have some unfortunate news to share with you today. One of our long time Asian suppliers has unexpectedly gone bankrupt. As a result, their manufacturing plant closed suddenly and is no longer able to produce any product. Over the past few days we have worked diligently to secure new manufacturers for the affected products. While we have been successful on some products, regrettably, we are unable to secure a source for a number of our Chef's Tools. As a result, we must take the following actions:

1. Effective immediately the following items are on Stop Sell. They are discontinued and will no longer be available for sale.

o Chef's Tools Square Slotted Spoon #2338
o Chef's Tools Small Spoon #2337
o Chef's Tools Slotted Spoon #2343
o Chef's Tools Spoon #2342
o Chef's Tools Slotted Turner #2344
o Chef's Tools Small Slotted Turner #2347
o Chef's Tools Jumbo Slotted Turner #2345
o Chef's Tools Pasta Fork #2341

This means you may not sell them. Any orders that you currently have for these products must be submitted by midnight CT on June 23.

Please note: You will not be able to enter these products into PamperedPartner® Plus after June 23 at midnight CT.

2. Effective June 24, we will be offering the following nylon tools for individual sale:

o Nylon Slotted Server (Pasta Fork) #2319 — $6.50
o Nylon Slotted Spoon #2336 — $5.50
o Small Nylon Turner #2340 — $5.00
o Nylon Spoon #2349 — $5.50
o Nylon Turner #2351 — $5.50

We will also continue to sell the Basic Nylon Tool Set (#2325) and the Specialty Nylon Tool Set (#2326).

3. To make it possible for you to easily share this information with your customers, we have developed a catalog insert that features the individual nylon tools. Paperclip it on top of page 32 of the Spring/Summer 2011 catalog.

Beginning tomorrow, June 21:

o You will be able to download the flyer by going to Consultant's Corner > Frequently Visited Links > Product Status Alerts.
o A pack of inserts will be included with every new catalog order you place.
o You will be able to order packs of 25 catalog inserts, free of charge, by writing in item # KP21 (ENG) or KR62 (ESP) on a REPLACEMENTS PART ORDER. You will not be charged shipping or handling charges for this shipment. This option will be available to you through June. Beginning July 1, please use a supply order to order the catalog inserts. The flyers will continue to be free, however, normal shipping and handling charges will apply.

4. Please note that the Chef's Tools Ladle (#2346), Skimmer (#2348), 5” Strainer (#2496) and 7” Strainer (#2606) all remain available for sale as they were not impacted by this event.

I know this is disappointing news, and apologize in advance for any inconvenience it may cause you or your customers. We continue to work closely with all of our manufacturers and remain confident that our base of manufacturers is solid.

Sincerely,

Marla Gottschalk
Chief Executive Officer

omg! i just saw it too and came on here to post! .....wow.

Those are my favorites too! I love those tools. (I don't like the nylon, I don't feel they are sturdy enough). I hope they can find someone else.

esavvymom said:
Those are my favorites too! I love those tools. (I don't like the nylon, I don't feel they are sturdy enough). I hope they can find someone else.

I like the chef tools a lot, especially how they continue to look great even after time but they are top heavy and tip out of pans or spoon rests. I hope if they bring them back they fix that first. ...now who were those people that wanted the nylon tools separately...

BethCooks4U said:
I like the chef tools a lot, especially how they continue to look great even after time but they are top heavy and tip out of pans or spoon rests. I hope if they bring them back they fix that first. ...now who were those people that wanted the nylon tools separately...

My thought exactly, Beth. Going to have to be some communication about this change.

"Over the past few days we have worked diligently to secure new manufacturers for the affected products. While we have been successful on some products..."I wonder which of the other items are being now made by different manufacturers and what the differences will be in them.

Added note: this does NOT mean hurry up & take a bunch of orders before the deadline. If we bombard corporate with a bunch of orders that they can't fill because there's no supply we'll end up having a LOT of customers upset with corporate and/or their consultant. :(

Sheila said:
Added note: this does NOT mean hurry up & take a bunch of orders before the deadline. If we bombard corporate with a bunch of orders that they can't fill because there's no supply we'll end up having a LOT of customers upset with corporate and/or their consultant. :(

Yes, thank you for saying it!

Is anyone good at making a Lable for the Catalogs , with the info

BethCooks4U said:

My husband hates them for this very reason! I don't really mind, they have never thrown hot food at me like they have done to him :p

I'm not going to print any labels - I'm just going to order the reaplcement parts flyer. I have a show Wednesday and I will just mention it, if someone places an order for them, that they might not get it.

I thought of that too maybe just the stop sell sticker on that page . I can explain the individual orders at a show . I was just thinking of all the host packs that I put together for July and Aug

You will be able to order packs of 25 catalog inserts, free of charge, by writing in item # KP21 (ENG) or KR62 (ESP) on a REPLACEMENTS PART ORDER. You will not be charged shipping or handling charges for this shipment. This option will be available to you through June. Beginning July 1, please use a supply order to order the catalog inserts. The flyers will continue to be free, however, normal shipping and handling charges will apply.

Get them before July, I guess. I'll have to get those ordered later today.

Or, I guess I don't need to.

"You will be able to download the flyer by going to Consultant's Corner > Frequently Visited Links > Product Status Alerts.

It says to wait until tomorrow. I just tried it, even did a "check for updates", but it's not there yet.

edit - the replacement part in P3, not the flyer on CC!

I am resisting the urge not to order a small turner or two for my cash and carry, or at least to have on hand as a spare. I LOVE that thing! Ditto for the pasta fork.Don't care much for the rest of 'em.

We haven't got this notice in Canada. Hmmm, I wonder why?

NicksBride

I am still in shock about this, but agree with Sheila. We shouldn't bombard the HO with orders because they will run out before the 23rd. I will mention it at my shows and be ordering the flyer tomorrow this way I don't use a ton of ink printing it.

I have almost all of them. As tempting as it is to want to order the rest, I'm still refraining. Sometimes I'm too much of a rule follower for my own good! LOL But a stop-sell is just that. They are asking us to not take or make any new orders for those items.Look at it this way ... any left overs will show up on the outlet one day! ;)

i still have a bunch of "not available" stickers from when the dcb went host only that i'm going to use for my shows this weekend...

Don't forget we will have to do the same I'm sure for the Fall catalogs Because the are already printed by now ....

I can't say that I feel comfortable selling the options that they are using for replacements. They don't look like the quality I want to present as PC items. Do you think they will find someone to make the original style?

Actaully, the "replacements" aren't replacements. They've simply taken the Nylon Tools that can only be purchased in a set and are now offering some of them for individual sale again (they used to be available for individual sale in 1999).

They are cheaper priced than the originals. Who knows, they might sell better!

Oh, I didn't realize that lt1jane. Thanks for sharing that.

For the most part, I like the "old" nylon tools better than the Chef's Tools. Some people have asked to get the nylon tools individually rather than in the sets. The Chef's Tool spoon is too big and the small spoon is fine but I think both are curved too much. I like a flatter spoon like the one in the nylon.

At least HO told us the reason for the sudden disappearance of these products. Still, I bet false info starts getting circulated. How many customers still think the DCB is host-only?

I doubt they'll show up on the outlet until they have a suitable replacement. They'll need some for warranty issues.

I did go ahead and ordered one (just one!) small slotted turner for my cash and carry. If it doesn't sell I won't be heartbroken. I love that thing and like having a spare on hand. I don't feel the nylon tools are sturdy enough either. I'd use bamboo before I used a nylon turner.

Watch your online orders. . .FYI I had an online order (on a party) come through today and the guest was able to order the Pasta Fork. Really!?! Really!?!

Sigh. Shouldn't Home Office have made these tools unavailable? Now I need to decide if I'm going to call the customer and tell her the tool is not available or just let it go and see if she gets one.

I don't like either selection. I have the nylon set and they really aren't as sturdy as I'd prefer, but I guess that's why they aren't as expensive. I think the handles are too long on the Chef Tools, too so I'm not heart broken about them going away. I just use my bamboo and I'm a happy camper.

Re: Watch your online orders. . .
chefjeanine said:
FYI I had an online order (on a party) come through today and the guest was able to order the Pasta Fork. Really!?! Really!?!

Sigh. Shouldn't Home Office have made these tools unavailable? Now I need to decide if I'm going to call the customer and tell her the tool is not available or just let it go and see if she gets one.

If it's a party you have not submitted yet, you'll probably have to call her (or call HO first and see if someone there would have a clue..haha...doubtful since you know you get so many different answers from them).

Did you look on the website to see if the products are still available to select for that party? Maybe the date has something to do with it. I don't see them on my PWS right now as a standalone product, but not sure if they'd appear under a show. I would hope not!

Re: Watch your online orders. . .If it doesn't affect host benefits or the guest getting the guest special I would let it go through and see what happens. My guess is it will as they probably have some in stock. I would definitely get that show in today though because the sooner it's the submitted the more likely it won't go on hold.

esavvymom said:
but not sure if they'd appear under a show. I would hope not!

Well, they are available on a show because this is how she ordered.

I am SO aggravated by this. I should not have to contact this customer and tell her that she can't order this item. Before we were contacted on the stop sell (or 2 seconds after) these items should have been pulled from the online catalog.

In all likelihood, the Host's benefits will be affected (she's shooting for a $650 party and it is going to be close). I have not pulled the order into P3 yet so perhaps it will balk at that point. But that still means I have to contact the customer.

There is no way I'll call Home Office because I'm fairly confident that I'd get a different answer from each person I would talk to. :rolleyes:

Thanks for allowing me to rant. :)

chefjeanine said:
well, they are available on a show because this is how she ordered.I am so aggravated by this. I should not have to contact this customer and tell her that she can't order this item. Before we were contacted on the stop sell (or 2 seconds after) these items should have been pulled from the online catalog.In all likelihood, the host's benefits will be affected (she's shooting for a $650 party and it is going to be close). I have not pulled the order into p3 yet so perhaps it will balk at that point. But that still means i have to contact the customer.There is no way i'll call home office because i'm fairly confident that i'd get a different answer from each person i would talk to. :rolleyes:Thanks for allowing me to rant. :)
you go girl!

If P3 doesn't complain, I'd submit it. And if they mess up the show, then when you DO call them- give them heck. ;) They should honor the host benefits no matter what, if they allowed the items to be available online for orders in the first place.My guess- it won't impact, because they'll probably have enough stock to support a couple miscellaneous.

Intrepid_Chef said:
I doubt they'll show up on the outlet until they have a suitable replacement. They'll need some for warranty issues.

I did go ahead and ordered one (just one!) small slotted turner for my cash and carry. If it doesn't sell I won't be heartbroken. I love that thing and like having a spare on hand. I don't feel the nylon tools are sturdy enough either. I'd use bamboo before I used a nylon turner.

They are not on Stop Sell in Canada so they shouldn't be on the outlet for a while.

I wonder why USA but not Canada?? strange?
I perfer the nylon small slotted turner and have many guests wanting to buy it but not as a set.

I'd call HO now and ask for tech support. I'd let them know that a customer was allowed to select Chef's Tools and see if they are surprised by that. ;)

Intrepid_Chef said:

I have been trying to order them with the numbers they gave us and even did an update but it won't let me order them.. What am I doing wrong?

D Levad said:
I have been trying to order them with the numbers they gave us and even did an update but it won't let me order them.. What am I doing wrong?

Check the date. If your show or order is dated before they became available you won't be able to order. If you are trying to order the discontinued ones you will not be able to no matter what date you use.

They're still available on my UK consultant friends website too. What is going on? Is it just that the volume sold in the US is larger than they can support with what's left? I don't think that is fair at all! But on the other hand, the UK consultants don't have as many products as we do to sell, nor do they have the nylon tools, so maybe that's how they're making up for it.

D Levad said:

Make sure the date is the 24 or later (change the date on your show). I had the same problem and talked to tech support last night and it worked.

And for inquiring minds, when I pulled the order from my PWS to P3 it gave me the red stop signal on the pasta fork. So, I contacted the customer and she made the change. :grumpy: THEN I couldn't get P3 to take the nylon pasta fork -- that's why I was able to answer this question.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • SusanBP0129
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • ChefPaulaB