• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Chef's Tool Strainer Perfect for Straining Pasta?

In summary, the Chef's Tool Skimmer is a great strainer for scooping pasta out of the water. It is also great for sifting small amounts of powdered sugar or flour for frosting or a sauce. It is made of a finer and flatter mesh than most strainers, and will last a lifetime if Proper care is taken.
JaimeQ
#2606 Chef's Tools - Strainer — $26.00
Double-fine mesh strains, rinses and doubles as a sifter. 7" diameter.

I have a customer interested in this item but can't tell from the picture if the strainers mesh part is flat or curved. She wants to get it so she can scoop pasta out of the water. Can someone who owns one or who has seen it please let me know. TIA

It's curved.

Thank you ;)

It's great for scooping pasta out of the water!!

Ditto on scooping the pasta out of the water. I especially like using this with delicate pastas, like the filled tortilleni (sp?) and ravioli.

I never thought of scooping pasta with that! Thanks!

I love using the Chef's Tool Skimmer to sift small amounts of powdered sugar or flour for frosting or a sauce - the mesh is finer and flatter.

I have this and just wanted to let you know to tell her that it is VERY WELL MADE. Most strainers like that are made of a very cheap metal mesh which seems to dent, and then crack where's it was dented since the metal is so brittle. This is NOT like those...I can see this thing lasting a lifetime with proper care! At first I thought the $26 price was very steep, but this is such a nice strainer!

I love it. The Furry Guy and I are exact opposites when it comes to vegetable soup. I eat the broth and a few potatoes. He likes to eat just the meat and veggies, treating the broth more like a sauce. The strainers come in handy. He can scoop up the meat and veggies with it, leaving most of the broth behind. I can hold it over a bowl and ladle soup into it to strain out the icky veggies and meat and find my precious potatoes. Voila! We're both happy.And, yes, Kelly, it's very well made. I often refer to pieces like this as investment pieces. They may cost a little more than their cheaper cousins, but you will never regret the extra pennies when you're using it years from now.

1. What is the Chef's Tool Strainer made of?

The Chef's Tool Strainer is made of durable stainless steel, making it long-lasting and resistant to rust and corrosion.

2. How big is the strainer?

The strainer measures approximately 12 inches in diameter, making it perfect for straining large batches of pasta, rinsing fruits and vegetables, and draining liquids from pots and pans.

3. Is the strainer dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Chef's Tool Strainer is dishwasher safe for easy and convenient cleaning. However, to prolong the life of the strainer, we recommend hand washing with warm soapy water.

4. Can this strainer be used for hot liquids?

Yes, the Chef's Tool Strainer is designed to withstand high heat and can be used for straining hot liquids such as soups, stocks, and sauces.

5. Does the strainer come with a warranty?

Yes, the Chef's Tool Strainer comes with a lifetime warranty against any defects in material or workmanship. If you encounter any issues with your strainer, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cookingwithlove