• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chef's Knife W Case: Problem & Solution

In summary, the Chef's Knife with Case will not fit in the Chef's Tongs box. Tracy suggests wrapping the knife in bubble wrap or plastic before mailing it to prevent it from cutting through the envelope.
Stephanie S
Does anyone know if the Chef's Knife with Case will fit in the Chef's Tongs box? I know this sounds like a silly question, but here's the situation. A guest/customer from a show back in June wrote me that she is experiencing problems with the Chef's Knife W Case that she ordered " bought Item #1047 Chef's Knife w/case and it has become very dull and the case it comes in doesn't do much work as far as the sharpening goes."

I have been told that she needs to send it to the Markham Office (I am from Canada) and they will then send her a new one. I know she is not going to be thrilled about this at all, and she already told me that she threw out the box that it came in. I would like to send her a box, as well as an address label to send the knife back in. Any suggestions?

Sometimes, if the customer doesn't live too far away, I offer to pick up the item and return it for her. This way, she doesn't have to worry about finding a box and going to the post office, and usually I'm out running errands anyway so I don't mind helping.

I would think a padded envelope would do the trick.

The Chef's knife with case will not fit in the chef tongs box. The knife is wider and longer than the tongs.

I agree that a padded envelope would work fine for sending it in.

HTH
Tracy

Padded EnvelopeOk great, that's what I will do, send her a package including a padded envelope. I work full time so I am not able to run around doing these errands myself. What I am able to do though is send her the complete package to help her out.

Thanks again!

I would have her to wrap the knife in some bubble wrap or plastic first before putting in the padded envelope before mailing it. Just in case it slips out of the case and cuts through the envelope. Some post offices wont mail hazerdous material like that without proper packaging. So check it out before you mail or it may not get to its destination (may get confiscated?) Just my two cents worth.

I know that this is a month too late but, I had experienced the same problem with a friends PC knife that would not even cut a tomato. What you need to do is get a knife steel. I wish we sold one. You can pick it up at any kitchen store, I recommend William-sonoma, because they have the same policy we do. Return and replace. Just strike it a few times and it will align the blade. If you'd like you can contact me by email and I can call you to explain a little more. It's kinda hard on computer. It totally did the trick and she is happy with her knife again.

If your guest is using the knife as recommended, I would have her send it back. It has a lifetime guarantee. Why suggest she go by another product that if being used correctly will be replaced for free?

1. What is the size of the Chef's Knife included in the case?

The Chef's Knife in the case has a standard size of 8 inches.

2. Is the Chef's Knife made of high-quality materials?

Yes, the Chef's Knife is made of high-carbon stainless steel, which is known for its durability and sharpness.

3. Can the Chef's Knife be easily stored and transported in the case?

Yes, the case is specifically designed to securely hold and protect the Chef's Knife for easy storage and transportation.

4. Does the case have additional pockets for other kitchen tools?

Yes, the case has multiple pockets and compartments to store other kitchen tools such as a paring knife, scissors, and a honing rod.

5. How do I clean and maintain the Chef's Knife and case?

The Chef's Knife and case can be easily cleaned with warm soapy water and a soft cloth. Make sure to dry them thoroughly before storing them in the case. Regularly sharpening the knife and wiping down the case with a damp cloth will help maintain its quality and prolong its lifespan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedtiffani
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
koren
  • chefbritt
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefTS
  • lacychef