• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Make My Own Garlic, Cheese, and Herb Spread for Cheesy Spinach Pinwheels?

In summary, the author is having a hard time finding the gourmet spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs for this recipe. The author would like to make this recipe for tomorrow night, but does not know how to make their own garlic, cheese, and herb spread. Boursin Cheese or Alouette garlic & herb spreadable cheese are both recommended.
TriciaAnn
I'm having a hard time finding the gourmet spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs for this recipe. I would like to make this recipe for tomorrow night. Does any one have an alternate idea for me. Is it possible to make my own garlic, cheese, and herb spread. If so how would I do that and with what ?Please help me !!!!!!! :eek:

Maybe you could use Boursin Cheese or Alouette garlic & herb spreadable cheese.

Is it good?Have you ever tried Boursin Cheese or Alouette garlic & herb spreadable cheese?

I know the spread they are talking about is located in the deli section of the grocery store. Usually where the nicer cheeses such as brie are. They are really good cheese spreads

When I've made these, I DO make my own spread because I like to use the garlic press to add my own garlic. I think I"ve used the Italian seasoning to make it "herb-y". I forget how much exactly because it's been awhile. I know it was no more than one clove of garlic and maybe a teaspoon of seasoning?? Then you can show the measuring spoons, as well as the measure-all cup to measure the cream cheese.

Ingredients to homemade spreadSo I put 1 clove of garlic, 1 teaspoon of italian seasoning mix, and then use how much cream cheese..... would it be 1 regular block of cream cheese. Let me know. :eek:

Whatever the regular recipe says for how much of that spread stuff to use. Oh, wait, hang on.....

I just looked it up in an old Season's Best and it's 1/3 cup of cream cheese and actually just a 1/2 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning. Have fun! :)

Boursin Cheese or Alouette are both EXCELLENT. They taste wonderful. I spread it on garlic bagel chips, use it to make garlic bread and as a topping for steak. I found a recipe
http://www.recipezaar.com/65204

Thanks !!!!Thanks for all your help. It should turn out great!!

1. What ingredients do I need to make Cheesy Spinach Pinwheels?

To make Cheesy Spinach Pinwheels, you will need refrigerated crescent rolls, cream cheese, frozen chopped spinach, shredded mozzarella cheese, and grated parmesan cheese.

2. Can I make Cheesy Spinach Pinwheels ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Cheesy Spinach Pinwheels ahead of time. After rolling the pinwheels, cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. When ready to bake, let them sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes before baking as directed.

3. Can I use fresh spinach instead of frozen for this recipe?

Yes, you can use fresh spinach instead of frozen for this recipe. Simply blanch the spinach in boiling water for a few minutes, then drain and chop before adding it to the cream cheese mixture.

4. How do I prevent the pinwheels from unrolling while baking?

To prevent the pinwheels from unrolling while baking, make sure to tightly roll the crescent dough and filling. You can also place a toothpick in the center of each pinwheel to hold them together while baking.

5. Can I use a different type of cheese for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a different type of cheese for this recipe. While mozzarella and parmesan are recommended, you can experiment with different cheeses such as cheddar, feta, or gouda for different flavor variations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TriciaAnn
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • jrstephens
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • dannyzmom