1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Cheesy Spinach Pinwheels ?????

1. TriciaAnn

TriciaAnn Member

I'm having a hard time finding the gourmet spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs for this recipe. I would like to make this recipe for tomorrow night. Does any one have an alternate idea for me. Is it possible to make my own garlic, cheese, and herb spread. If so how would I do that and with what ?Please help me !!!!!!! :eek:

Oct 31, 2005
  2. Maybe you could use Boursin Cheese or Alouette garlic & herb spreadable cheese.

Oct 31, 2005
  3. TriciaAnn

TriciaAnn Member

Is it good?

Have you ever tried Boursin Cheese or Alouette garlic & herb spreadable cheese?

Oct 31, 2005
  4. luvs2sellit

luvs2sellit Advanced Member

I know the spread they are talking about is located in the deli section of the grocery store. Usually where the nicer cheeses such as brie are. They are really good cheese spreads

Oct 31, 2005
  5. pamperedbecky

pamperedbecky Legacy Member

When I've made these, I DO make my own spread because I like to use the garlic press to add my own garlic. I think I"ve used the Italian seasoning to make it "herb-y". I forget how much exactly because it's been awhile. I know it was no more than one clove of garlic and maybe a teaspoon of seasoning?? Then you can show the measuring spoons, as well as the measure-all cup to measure the cream cheese.

Oct 31, 2005
  6. TriciaAnn

TriciaAnn Member

Ingredients to homemade spread

So I put 1 clove of garlic, 1 teaspoon of italian seasoning mix, and then use how much cream cheese..... would it be 1 regular block of cream cheese. Let me know. :eek:

Oct 31, 2005
  7. pamperedbecky

pamperedbecky Legacy Member

Whatever the regular recipe says for how much of that spread stuff to use. Oh, wait, hang on.....

I just looked it up in an old Season's Best and it's 1/3 cup of cream cheese and actually just a 1/2 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning. Have fun! :)

Oct 31, 2005
  8. Boursin Cheese or Alouette are both EXCELLENT. They taste wonderful. I spread it on garlic bagel chips, use it to make garlic bread and as a topping for steak. I found a recipe
    http://www.recipezaar.com/65204

Nov 1, 2005
  9. TriciaAnn

TriciaAnn Member

Thanks !!!!

Thanks for all your help. It should turn out great!!

Nov 1, 2005
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted