• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Cheesy Chicken Empanada Cups - Perfect for Any Occasion!

In summary, the author used only her new consultant gear to make Cheesey Chicken Empanadas cups. She used the mini-muffin pan she just made to make them like the bacon cheddar bites. She found the recipe online and is sharing it with the readers.
KaiKendall
Gold Member
I am so happy with myself! lol. I took an old Paula Deen recipe that I have for Chicken Empanadas and used ONLY my new consultant gear and made these amazing Cheesey Chicken Empanada cups! Using the mini-muffin pan I just made them like the bacon cheddar bites, and I CAN'T STOP EATING THEM! THIS IS SO NOT ON THE DIET! All for the benefit of the business right??

Ooo...sounds delicious...I love empanadas! Would you mind posting the recipe that you used?

JennLizFran said:
Ooo...sounds delicious...I love empanadas! Would you mind posting the recipe that you used?

Yes Yes please post!

Definitely!!

Thanks!!!

I wing most of this, and I don't even put in the bell pepper or jalepeno if I don't have it. So it's totally customizable based on your preferences.

3 cups chopped, cooked chicken
1 (8-ounce) package shredded 4 cheese mexican cheese blend
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
(1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper)
(1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped)
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts *I use the one that comes with two rolls, pillsbury I think

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Roll out the Pie Crusts on a lightly floured surface using the baker rolling thingy (my official name lol). Using the measure all cup sleeve, cut out circles (i did use both crust doughs but had some left over). Place them on the muffin pan (i lightly spray with nonstick spray just for the butter flavor lol) and use the tart shaper to push down in the cup. When all cups are filled with dough put the pan in the fridge while you prepare the filling.

Filling: all the rest of the ingredients. Combine the cream cheese, shredded cheese, chicken, cumin and any other chosen ingredients in the Batter bowl using the mix and scraper. When well combined, scoop about 1 tablespoon of filling into each of the muffin cups. When all filling is in the cups, place in oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until edge of dough is brown and filling is melted. SOOOOOO yummy!

here's the original recipe too from Paula Deen if you want:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/chicken-empanadas-recipe/index.html

Sounds yummy! Thanks!

Sounds delicious!!!! A great pairing with the Jalapeno Pizza Poppers

I can't wait to try this one! thanks for posting!

I made these for a little get together yesterday...delicious!!!!

I left out the jalapeno, but added a little chopped onion!

1. How do I make the dough for the empanadas?

To make the dough for the empanadas, you will need all-purpose flour, salt, cold butter, and ice water. Start by mixing the flour and salt together, then cut in the cold butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Slowly add in the ice water, a little at a time, until the dough comes together. Knead the dough lightly and then let it rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before rolling it out for the empanadas.

2. Can I use a different type of cheese for the filling?

Yes, you can definitely use a different type of cheese for the filling. The recipe calls for cheddar cheese, but you can use any type of cheese that you prefer, such as mozzarella, pepper jack, or a blend of different cheeses.

3. Can I make the empanadas ahead of time and freeze them?

Yes, you can make the empanadas ahead of time and freeze them for later. Once you have assembled the empanadas, place them on a baking sheet and freeze them for about an hour. Then, transfer them to a freezer-safe bag or container and store them in the freezer. When you're ready to bake them, simply place them on a baking sheet and bake for a few extra minutes.

4. Can I use pre-made empanada dough for this recipe?

While you can use pre-made empanada dough, we highly recommend making the dough from scratch for the best results. The homemade dough is easy to make and adds a delicious flakiness to the empanadas. Plus, you can customize the dough with different herbs and spices to enhance the flavor.

5. How long do the empanadas need to bake for?

The empanadas need to bake for about 20 minutes at 375°F. However, the baking time may vary depending on your oven and the size of your empanadas. Make sure to keep an eye on them and take them out when they are golden brown and crispy on the outside.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
Replies
Views
MaryannNic
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly