1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Cheeseburger salad questions

1. floccies

floccies Member

Do you cook the beef during the show? before the show?

Any tips for this recipe?

Apr 29, 2009
  2. pkd09

pkd09 Future Director Silver Member

I usually decide when I see the kitchen and house set-up for the show. If the kitchen is small, I usually engage the host to brown the hamburger before the show so she can then tell the guests how easy the mix n chop was to use. If it is one of those nice open kitchens; I engage the host again and do an active show.

Apr 29, 2009
  3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

This is the best interactive show! Really!

I cook the beef before the show - in the 10" skillet (not the 8" as stated in the recipe) Actually, I usually have the host, or an early guest cook the meat using the mix n chop. Then, she/he sells the mix n' chop to EVERYONE at the show!

I have someone slice the buns for croutons. That's sells knives!
    Have someone slice onion using the UM
    Have someone wedge tomatoes using the Utility Knife
    Have someone chop pickles & onions with the food chopper
    Have someone chop lettuce with the salad chopper
    Have someone spin the lettuce
    Have someone measure out mustard and ketchup
    Have someone stir all of the ingredients together in a SS bowl using a scraper....

These are all easy things to do, and people always have a great time making the salad together!

Apr 29, 2009
  4. leftymac

leftymac Veteran Member

I cook it during the show, but that's because I like this salad best when the meat is warm. Warm meat and cold lettuce combine to make an excellent salad, in my opinion.

Apr 29, 2009
Have something to add?