• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cheese Plane Troubleshooting Tips - Helping a Friend Out

In summary, to prevent cheese from sticking to the plane while slicing, you can spray the blade with a non-stick cooking spray or coat the cheese with flour or cornstarch. If your cheese plane is not cutting smoothly, it may be due to a dull blade, so sharpen or replace it and use less pressure while slicing. To clean your cheese plane, rinse it with warm water and soap, and avoid harsh chemicals or abrasives. You can use your cheese plane for other types of food, but make sure to clean it thoroughly. Store your cheese plane in a dry place, away from moisture, and preferably in its original packaging or a protective cover to keep the blade sharp. Avoid storing it with other sharp objects.
ErinPC
A repeat customer (and friend) of mine told me at my last show that she couldn't get the cheese plane to work properly. I don't have this item, nor have I ever used one (PC or otherwise). I was wondering if you guys could give me some hints and tips to pass along to her. Is there a "trick" to getting it to work right?
Thanks in advance!

What...Eric,

What kind of cheese is she using? I find that it is hard to use on really soft, warm cheeses..it just kinda mushes it. :rolleyes: I have used it on cheddar and it truely depends on what brand I buy! I use it often when I set out cheese and wine to entertain with. Everyone seems to love it, as long as I don't have the "mushy" cheese! :D

HTH

Hi there! I have used a cheese plane before, so I can definitely offer some tips for your friend. Firstly, make sure the cheese is at room temperature before using the plane. This will make it easier to slice and prevent the cheese from crumbling. Secondly, hold the cheese plane at a slight angle and apply gentle pressure as you slide it across the cheese. If you press too hard, the cheese may become stuck and difficult to slice. Also, make sure to clean the cheese plane after each use to prevent build-up and ensure smooth slicing. I hope these tips help your friend and make her cheese slicing experience a success!

1. How do I prevent cheese from sticking to the plane while slicing?

To prevent cheese from sticking to the plane, make sure to spray the blade with a non-stick cooking spray before use. You can also try lightly coating the cheese with flour or cornstarch before slicing.

2. Why is my cheese plane not cutting smoothly?

If your cheese plane is not cutting smoothly, it may be due to a dull blade. Sharpen the blade using a knife sharpener or replace it with a new one. It could also be caused by using too much pressure while slicing, so try applying less pressure and let the blade do the work.

3. How do I clean my cheese plane?

To clean your cheese plane, rinse it with warm water and soap. Use a brush or a toothpick to remove any cheese stuck in the grooves. Dry it thoroughly before storing. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasives, as they can damage the blade.

4. Can I use my cheese plane for other types of food?

Yes, you can use your cheese plane for other types of food such as vegetables, chocolate, and butter. Just make sure to clean it thoroughly between uses to prevent cross-contamination of flavors.

5. How do I store my cheese plane?

Store your cheese plane in a dry place, away from moisture, to prevent rusting. If possible, store it in its original packaging or in a protective cover to keep the blade sharp. Avoid storing it with other sharp objects that could damage the blade.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• erigby
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • TJMagoo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • lacychef