• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Revolutionize Your Cheese Grating with This One Simple Tip!

In summary, microwaving cheese prior to grating it is a game-changing tip for the cheese grater. It brings out the oil in the cheese, making it easier to grate without sticking. This tip has impressed everyone who has tried it and is a must-try for all cheese grater users.
DebPC
Staff member
The best tip I have found for the cheese grater is to cut your cheese in large chunks that will fit into the unit, put on a plate, and microwave at full power for 10 seconds -- no longer. Everyone who has tried this has been totally amazed at the results. I now love to demo the grater with any type of cheese. This technique brings out the oil in the cheese and it grates easily with no sticking. I know it is totally opposite of what we have been taught in the past. Try it, you'll love it.

Julie Moore

Last edited:
cheese graterI found if you put your chocolate candy bars in the freezer for about 1 hour. The cheese grater works great for grating chocolate.

Yes, I'm not sure where I first heard the cheese tip, but it does definately help!! You don't have to squeese the grater like you do when the cheese comes out of the fridge. My guests have been impressed to hear this tip! Always great to know extra little 'quick tips'!

Julie,

You're a life saver!!!! I really didn't care for my cheese grater. I had started to just use the USG for it. When I read your post I quickly made nachos for my kids. I cannot believe how easy the cheddar cheese flows out!!!! literally, it just flows out. I mean, really, with four kids, I NEVER remembered to freeze my cheese in time for a recipe!!! This is the BEST TIP ever!!!

, thank you for sharing this amazing tip! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I am always looking for new and innovative ways to use our products. Your suggestion of microwaving the cheese before grating it is a game-changer. I can't wait to try this out in my own demos and share it with my customers. Thank you for your insight and for helping us all become better consultants. Keep the tips coming!

What is the best way to clean a cheese grater tip?

The best way to clean a cheese grater tip is to first rinse it under hot water to remove any large pieces of cheese. Then, use a small brush or toothbrush to scrub in between the grater holes. For tougher grime, you can soak the grater tip in warm soapy water for a few minutes before scrubbing.

Can I use a cheese grater tip on other types of food besides cheese?

Yes, cheese grater tips can also be used to grate other firm foods such as vegetables, chocolate, and nuts. Just make sure to wash the grater tip thoroughly before and after use to avoid any cross-contamination of flavors.

How do I know which side of the cheese grater tip to use?

Most cheese grater tips have two sides, one with larger holes and one with smaller holes. The larger holes are best for grating softer cheeses, while the smaller holes are better for harder cheeses. You can also use the larger holes for grating vegetables and the smaller holes for grating chocolate and nuts.

Do I need to oil the cheese grater tip before use?

No, you do not need to oil the cheese grater tip before use. However, if you are grating a particularly sticky cheese, you can lightly oil the grater tip to prevent the cheese from sticking.

How do I store a cheese grater tip?

It is best to store a cheese grater tip in a dry place, away from moisture. You can also store it in a plastic bag or container to prevent any odors from other foods from transferring onto the grater tip.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jillmami
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • its_me_susan
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jenniferlynne
  • emiscookin