1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Cheese Grater Tip

Tags:
  1. DebPC

DebPC Legacy Member Staff Member

The best tip I have found for the cheese grater is to cut your cheese in large chunks that will fit into the unit, put on a plate, and microwave at full power for 10 seconds -- no longer. Everyone who has tried this has been totally amazed at the results. I now love to demo the grater with any type of cheese. This technique brings out the oil in the cheese and it grates easily with no sticking. I know it is totally opposite of what we have been taught in the past. Try it, you'll love it.

Julie Moore

Last edited: Jun 25, 2004
    Jun 25, 2004
  2. mary k

mary k Member Silver Member

cheese grater

I found if you put your chocolate candy bars in the freezer for about 1 hour. The cheese grater works great for grating chocolate.

May 2, 2006
  3. lacychef

lacychef Legend Member

Yes, I'm not sure where I first heard the cheese tip, but it does definately help!! You don't have to squeese the grater like you do when the cheese comes out of the fridge. My guests have been impressed to hear this tip! Always great to know extra little 'quick tips'!

May 3, 2006
  4. mgressaffa

mgressaffa Member

Julie,

You're a life saver!!!! I really didn't care for my cheese grater. I had started to just use the USG for it. When I read your post I quickly made nachos for my kids. I cannot believe how easy the cheddar cheese flows out!!!! literally, it just flows out. I mean, really, with four kids, I NEVER remembered to freeze my cheese in time for a recipe!!! This is the BEST TIP ever!!!

May 3, 2006
Have something to add?