• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Managing Checks at Parties: Accepting and Handling Returned Checks

In summary, a check is a written, signed, and dated document that instructs a bank to pay a specific amount of money from the account of the person who wrote the check to the person or organization named on the check. To write a check, you will need to fill out the date, recipient's name, amount in numbers and words, and your signature on the designated lines and record the transaction in your checkbook register. If you write a bad check, it will be returned to the recipient as "insufficient funds" and you may be charged a fee by your bank. To avoid writing bad checks, make sure you have enough funds in your account, keep track of your spending and balance your checkbook regularly, and communicate with
keynibear
Do you accpet checks from customers at parties, or do you have them write the check to your host and get one check from your host?

I try to have the customers write the check to the host, and then she gives me one check.

How do you handle returned checks from customers, if you accept individual checks?

At or before the show- they can write it out to me. After the show, they make it out to the host, so there aren't a lot of checks sent to me. It's been years and years since I've had a returned check. I think it's because the fees are so steep.

If I do accept individual checks and one is returned, I would contact the customer and inform them of the returned check. I would then ask for payment in an alternative form, such as cash or a different check. If the issue cannot be resolved, I may have to take legal action or involve a collections agency.

1. What is a check?

A check is a written, signed, and dated document that instructs a bank to pay a specific amount of money from the account of the person who wrote the check to the person or organization named on the check.

2. How do I write a check?

To write a check, you will need to fill out the date, recipient's name, amount in numbers and words, and your signature on the designated lines. You will also need to record the transaction in your checkbook register.

3. What happens if I write a bad check?

If you write a bad check, meaning there are not enough funds in your account to cover the amount, the check will be returned to the recipient as "insufficient funds" and you may be charged a fee by your bank. The recipient may also charge you a fee and may take legal action to collect the money owed.

4. How can I avoid writing bad checks?

To avoid writing bad checks, make sure you have enough funds in your account before writing a check. You can also keep track of your spending and balance your checkbook regularly. It is also important to communicate with your bank and make sure you understand their policies and fees.

5. What should I do if I receive a returned check?

If you receive a returned check, you should contact the person who wrote the check to resolve the issue. You can also contact your bank and ask them for guidance on how to handle the situation. If necessary, you may need to take legal action to collect the money owed to you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
huskerlissa
  • barbara_anne
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
lkbcovington
  • raebates
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies