• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How much change should I bring to my shows for cash orders and rounding up?

I found with you In summary, it is generally recommended to bring $25-$30 in change to a show, including a $10 bill, 2 $5 bills, and 5-7 $1 bills, as well as miscellaneous coins. Some customers may pay with card or check, but it's always good to have extra change on hand. For larger shows, it is advised to bring $50-$100 in change. It is also helpful to have a mix of bills and coins to make change for customers who may pay with larger bills. Some suggest asking the bank for change if needed, or having a cash box or money bag to keep change organized and easily accessible. Some individuals have had issues with running out of change,
SheenaGonzales
I was wondering how much change (ie: $5's, $1's and loose change) should I bring with me to my shows? I know some people will probably order with cash and not all will want to round up, so what do you ladies do? My first show is tomorrow afternoon.

This is too late to help you with that show, but for future reference, I generally take $25-$30 in change to my shows:
  • 1 $10 bill
  • 2 $5 bills
  • 5-7 $1 bills
  • Miscellaneous coins

Most of my customers pay with card or check and very few don't round up. I often don't need the change, but it's good to have it just in case.

BTW, the way I get most of my guests to round up is to give them their total this way: "That will be $27.89 or $28 if you'd like to round up for Feeding America." I'd say less than 5% of my in-person customers decide not to round up.

Thanks!It's always better to have more change than not enough. I usually bring about $50 in small bills and some quarters, dimes and nickels. One time I had a big show at a church event and I ran out of change. I had to go to the grocery store across the street and buy some extra change!I had one show where I invited cash and carry and I brought about $80 in change and I needed it all.I would say at least $50 in change to be safe.I'm doing my first booth at a craft fair this weekend and I was wondering the same thing! I had directions to a nearby bank just in case I need to run and get more change. I read somewhere on here that the banks will give you change if you have an account with them. I could be wrong, but it's worth checking out!I take between $80-$100 in change, depending on how big the show is. If I'm doing a smaller show, I'll go with $80, if I'm doing a larger show, I'll go with $100. I figure it's better to have too much on hand than to run out and have to leave my booth unattended while I go find more.Thanks ladies!! I am looking forward to my first show tomorrow. I will stop at the bank tonight and pick up some change. I appreciate your help!!I usually bring about $80 in change also. I have two different ways I do it. If I am using a money bag that I can wear around my neck (like at a craft fair or something) then I take 5 ten dollar bills, 10 one dollar bills, and then some change. I try to keep as many quarters as possible because I don't want to make plenty of change for someone who gives me a large bill.If I am using a cash box, then I make sure I have about $80 in change. I try not to keep too many of the larger bills because if someone gives me a $50 or $100 bill, then I am out of luck. If I had a bunch of $1 bills and quarters then I can make change.I've never had a problem with running out of change. In fact, I usually end up with more than I came with.So, I finally had my first show yesterday (and it was GREAT!!)....but I did have a few issues with change, so I wanted to share

1. How do I check out my items at the store?

To check out your items at the store, simply bring them to the designated checkout counter or self-checkout kiosk. The cashier or machine will scan each item and provide you with a total amount due. You can then pay with cash, credit/debit card, or other accepted forms of payment.

2. Do I need to bring my own bags for carrying change?

It is always a good idea to bring your own reusable bags when shopping, but most stores will also provide plastic or paper bags for carrying change. Some stores may even charge a small fee for bags, so it's best to be prepared and bring your own if possible.

3. Can I use coins to pay for my purchase?

Yes, most stores will accept coins as a form of payment. However, it's always a good idea to check with the store beforehand to see if they have any specific policies or restrictions regarding the use of coins.

4. What should I do if I receive incorrect change?

If you believe that you have received incorrect change, it is important to speak to the cashier or store manager immediately. They will be able to review the transaction and correct any mistakes. It's always a good idea to double-check your change before leaving the store to ensure accuracy.

5. Can I return items and receive change back?

In most cases, if you return an item you purchased, you will receive a refund in the form of the original payment method. For example, if you paid with cash, you will receive cash back as change for the returned item. However, some stores may have different policies, so it's best to check with them before making a return.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AZPampered Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
MomToEli
  • babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
caraighan
  • Heather Rogers